Thursday, November 11, 2021

The Purrfect Reading Challenge 2022 - Sign Up

 


I’m back again with the Purrfect Reading Challenge. Two of my favorite things are cats and mysteries. So, I combined them for the *purrfect* reading challenge. It's very simple, this challenge is all about reading mysteries that have cats as the main characters. Here are a few examples...

Joe Grey Mysteries by Shirley Rousseau Murphy

Midnight Louie Mysteries by Carole Nelson Douglas

A Cats In Trouble Mysteries by Leann Sweeney

A Klepto Cat Mysteries by Patricia Fry

Black Cat Bookshop Mysteries by Ali Brandon

Cat Who Mysteries by Lilian Jackson Braun

Cat in the Stacks Mysteries by Miranda James

Bookmobile Cat Mysteries by Laurie Cass

Theda Krakow Mysteries by Clea Simon

Black Cat Mysteries by Elaine Faber

This is just the tip of the iceberg. There are dozens more. You can find a list here, but you aren't limited to just these choices. If you find others, that's great.

Here are the levels you can choose from:

Purring - Read 1-10 cat mysteries

Kneading - Read 11-20 cat mysteries

Meowing - Read 21-30 cat mysteries

Catnip - Go crazy and read at least 31 and go as high as you'd like - the sky is the limit!


The challenge will begin on January 1, 2022 and end on December 31, 2022.

The rules are really simple.

1. Any book read for this challenge has to be a mystery and have a cat that plays a major role in the book.

2. You may make a list of books at the beginning of the challenge or you can just list them as you find them.

3. Book titles may be swapped out at anytime for those who make a list in advance.

4. Crossovers with other challenges are permitted and encouraged.

5. You don't have to have a blog or write a review, but you can if you want to.  If you don't have a blog, just post in the comment section that you'd like to join. You can post your books in there. I also have a Cat Mystery group on Goodreads and you can join over there. The link is here. 

6. Books can be in any format of your choice (print, audio, ebooks)

7. To sign up, choose one of the levels from the above list and use the Mister Linky below. There will be links for reviews and wrap posts later.

Enjoy and have fun!

I'm signing up for Purring and will read 10 books. I'll list them here throughout the year...

1.  File M for Murder by Miranda James (Click here for my review.)

2.  Jousting and Justice by Elizabeth Pantley (Click here for my review.)

3.  Murder Faux Paws by T.C. LoTempio (Click here for my review.)

4. Cat Prints on the Crime Scene by K.M. Waller (Click here for my review.)

5. Claws for Suspicion by Deborah Blake (Click here for my review.)

6.  Old Bones and Ice Cream Cones by Elizabeth Pantley (Click here for my review.)

7.  Killers of A Feather by TC LoTempio (Click here for my review.)

8.  Shifting and Shenanigans by Elizabeth Pantley (Click here for my review.)

9.  Something Fishy This Way Comes by Gabby Allan (Click here for my review.)

10. Vampires and Villains by Elizabeth Pantley (Click here for my review.)


Line #1: Your name (blog if you have one)

Line #2: Link to your sign up post (please post the direct link to your sign up post, not to your blog's homepage).

3 comments:

  1. I am going to sign up. I will do a post for it Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I signed up for Catnip Level.
    Link to post is already up.
    Now how do we keep track?
    Crystal And Daisy Mae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just make a list on your post and keep adding to it as you read your books. Check out my post from last year...https://socratesbookreviews.blogspot.com/2020/11/the-purrfect-reading-challenge-2021.html I just kept adding to my list as I read the books. Have fun!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.