Thursday, January 11, 2024

Review: Skye Blue by Rebecca Stevenson

 



About the Book


Genre
Romance

Format
E-Book

Release Date
November 13, 2023

Synopsis from Goodreads:

When rancher Kacie Griffin is faced with the imminent retirement of her long-time ranch foreman, Stewart, she defers to his trusted opinion for a replacement. The only problem with Stewart’s he’s a city boy.Clay Fischer is tired of nine-to-five in a windowless office and wants to return to his rancher roots. He knows he must win over a very opinionated and strong-willed Kacie before he gets the job permanently, but arriving for the interview in a starched white shirt and brand-spanking new ostrich boots might not have been the best idea.Skye Mallery, a winsome seven-year-old foster child, soon enters their lives and quickly wins their hearts, teaching them lessons in what it means to be a family. That is, until her biological father learns of her existence and threatens to destroy the “family” they’ve created.

My Review

Kacie Griffin is more than a little concerned when her ranch foreman, Stewart, informs her he is getting ready to retire.  She fears she will never find someone like him.  He’s more like a father than an employee.  When he recommends his nephew for the position, Kacie is not happy when she meets Clay Fischer.  He’s very much a city boy complete with brand new boots.  She’s sure this won’t work out, but she trusts Stewart and is willing to give it a chance.

Clay Fischer is tired of city life and ready to be a rancher.  He’s not as inexperienced as Kacie thinks and vows to prove to her that he’s the perfect man for the job. It’s not long before Clay and Kacie find themselves attracted to each other.  

When a 7-year-old girl needs a foster home, Kacie is there for her.  Together with Clay, they give her a brand-new home.  They create their own happy family.  Then, the girl's biological father shows up and throws everyone into a tailspin.  

This is a heartwarming, sweet romance that grabs your heart and won’t let go.  The characters are beautifully written.  I truly cared about these people as if they were close friends.  They felt very realistic to me.  The storyline felt realistic as well.  

This is the second book in the series, but it’s also a standalone story.  Previous characters make an appearance, but I don’t really think it’s necessary to have read the first one before reading this one.  However, I would think you would want to.  It’s always nice to feel you are catching up with old friends.  

Rebecca Stevenson has a wonderful talent for creating characters and stories that readers can fall in love with.  I’m looking forward to the next one in the series.

For reading challenges:

Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge 2024
Literary Escapes Reading Challenge 2024 (Texas)


I borrowed this one from the Kindle Unlimited library .  I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.

3 comments:

  1. I have a tender spot where the whole "bio-parent shows back up again" comes up. Those are hard for me to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks good with some real emotion. I'll have to look for this one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.