Sunday, August 9, 2026

The Weekend Review - August 8th-10th











The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It's a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

If you'd like to participate with The Sunday Salon, it is now being hosted by Deb at Readerbuzz.

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading is a meme with a new host!  It's now being hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. This is where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week…. and anything in between! This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from!

I'm also linking to Stacking the Shelves which is hosted by Reading Reality.


Hi Everyone! 

The first week of August is already over. Time really does go fast, doesn't it? It's very tropical here. Hot, humid and lots of thunderstorms. At least today we had no rain or storms. Just humidity, which is normal for Florida. 

Thank you all for the good wishes for my migraines and eye issues. I'm doing well.  Not many headaches this week and my eyes don't really have any noticeable symptoms. I'm happy with all of that. 

I managed to read three really good books this week.  I'm all caught up on Star Trek: Strange New Worlds. I haven't been watching much TV, but the next thing on my list is to catch up with Criminal Minds: Evolution.

Other than that, it's been quiet here. Next week I have a stress test scheduled. I'm not looking forward to that, but once it's over I can relax. 

I hope you all have a great week! 



Blog Tours/Spotlights/Reviews/Giveaways  
I Hosted Last Week

Blog Tours/Spotlights/Reviews/Giveaways Coming Up Next Week


Wednesday: Spotlight: Fire at the Track by M.J. Evans (Blog Tour/Tour-Wide Giveaway)

Thursday: Spotlight: Masked Intentions by Kara Lacey (Blog Tour/Tour-Wide Giveaway)

Saturday:  Spotlight: Troubled Water by Kassandra Lamb (Blog Tour/Tour-Wide Giveaway)


Posts last week:


Monday:  Awww Mondays





I'm currently reading...




I finished reading...







These are the books I'm planning to read in August. We all know how easily reading lists can change so this is just tentative. 





Here is this week's e-book freebie haul.  They were freebies when I got them, I don't know if they still are. Always make sure to check they are still free before buying. The prices change quickly. 





10 comments:

  1. I will update my calendar so I do not miss any of these events.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Criminal Minds: Evolution is so good. We had thunderstorms this afternoon. it was wild. Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m glad the migraines have eased up and your eyes aren’t giving you any trouble this week. Three good books sounds like a pretty successful reading week too! Hope the stress test goes smoothly and you can put it behind you. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Que maravilla de post Yvonne. Gracias por compartir lectura. Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hot and humid here too. The Lotus Motor Inn series looks intriguing! On TV, my daughter and I watched the first season of Ride or Die on Amazon Prime. SO FUN!! Highly recommend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're feeling better, good luck with the stress test. How to Find Romance in a Bookshop looks like a fun read, enjoy! I can't believe August is flying by so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are feeling better this week - struggling with headaches in high humidity is no joke... Hope the coming week brings fresher weather.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you're feeling better. I hope your stress test goes smoothly. Have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad you are feeling better. Today is a gorgeous day with not a cloud in sight and 82 degrees. My husband and I went and sat at a lake for 2 hours, which was glorious. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The summer is going so fast! I'm glad you haven't had as many headaches this week. The heat and humidity have been ridiculous in CT this week, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.