Friday, June 13, 2008

Murder of a Smart Cookie by Denise Swanson



Genre: Mystery, Cozy

Scumble River is having a huge summer yard sale, but nobody expected murder to be the main attraction - least of all the local school psychologist and amateur sleuth, Skye Dennison. When her former boss is found dead at her family's sale table, she becomes one of the prime suspects.

Tempers fly as the citizens of Scumble River fight over their treasured keepsakes, but when dead bodies begin to turn up, Skey wonders if these valuables could be worth more than she thought. Skye's current boss, who happens to be the mayor and her uncle, not only puts Skye in charge of the yard sale but demands she find out who is responsible for these murders or risk losing her bonus money. Skye takes on the challenge, not only for the money, but to protect her family's good name and her own.

Skye Dennison is a wonderful, strong character who has continued to grow through each book. She always makes me laugh and cry at the same time. This book also left us with a bit of a cliffhanger about Skye's love life which I find intriguing. All the characters in the Scumble River series are crafted to perfection and come alive with each page. After reading a few books, I feel as if I personally know these characters. This is the 7th book in the series and I'm looking forward to the next one.

Now I get to cross one book off my amateur sleuth reading challenge list :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.