Monday, June 23, 2008

Summer Reading Extravaganza Day 1: Fun Summer Reads!

The first day of the Summer Reading Extravaganza and the first question is a fun one - What’s your favorite beach read or what’s in your beach bag? So, here it goes...


I haven't read it yet, but the one book I'm really looking forward to reading is Janet Evanovich's new Stephanie Plum book - Fearless Fourteen. I love these books and no summer would be complete without a new Stephanie Plum book. With my towering TBR, I have no idea exactly when I'll get to it, but I will get to it!

Next up...Sail by James Patterson. James Patterson is a favorite of mine and this book sounds so good. He and Janet Evanovich are the two authors I get in hardcover. I can't wait for their books to come out.

A couple more books that sound like they would be fun to add to your beach bag, but I haven't read yet...all are in my TBR, though...

Goodnight Nobody by Jennifer Weiner
Mrs. Perfect by Jane Porter
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

Some books that I've already read that would be great beach reads...

Catnapped by Gabriella Herkert
A Soldier Comes Home by Cindi Meyers
Strike Zone by Kate Angell
Deep Dish by Mary Kay Andrews

What books would you recommend this summer?

6 comments:

  1. I really want to read Sail as well. It looks really interesting. I have Mrs. Perfect, too, because I couldn't resist buying it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely should read Twilight! Great book:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy - I just picked up Mrs. Perfect today at Target. I couldn't resist it either. Sail looks wonderful.

    Tracy - I've heard so much about the Stephenie Meyer series that I decided to give it a try. I started to read it in the car today, but I want to finish Catnapped first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have SAIL reserved at our library!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read Patterson or Evanovitch, but I agree that Twilight is a good beach read. :) I like Jennifer Weiner, too, so I'll have to check out Goonight Nobody.

    ReplyDelete
  6. J. Kaye - Sail looks so good...I just need time to read :)

    Jessi - I never read Jennifer Weiner's books, but they all sound wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.