Saturday, June 21, 2008

A Soldier Comes Home by Cindi Myers



Genre: Romance

Harlequin Super Romance #1498, June 2008-06-21

Captain Ray Hughes returns from a tour of duty in Iraq to find that his wife unceremoniously dumped their son on his parents’ doorstep, while running off to be with another soldier. She, also, left him with no furniture or truck. The house is cold and his son, TJ, is missing his mother. Ray and TJ have quite a bit of work ahead of them as they try to develop a relationship together. The young child tries to come to grips with the absence of his mother. Ray is trying to figure out what to do the next time he is deployed, which could be sooner than he thought.

Chrissie Evans lost her husband in the war. She vowed to never fall in love with another soldier, but Ray and his son tear at her heartstrings. Desperately she tries to put her fears aside to help these two lonely people.

When Ray’s estranged wife turns up, demanding custody of TJ, they all try to put their own feelings aside for the good of the child. However, their own feelings always seem to get in the way.

This book is very well-written and touching. It deals with the real issue of war, deployment and how soldiers deal with their loved ones who are left at home. These are characters the reader will care for and fall in love with. This was the first book I ever read by this author, but I’ll be looking for more her stories.

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.