Please join me in welcoming Barbra Annino to Socrates’ Book Review Blog. Barbra is the author of the brand new cozy mystery (with a touch of paranormal) series, Stacy Justice Mysteries. Welcome, Barbra and let the questions begin…
1) How does your family feel about your writing? Have they read your work?
My husband is my biggest cheerleader and has read everything I've ever written. He's extremely supportive and he offers critiques that have improved my work. I'm lucky in that he actually enjoys hearing me drone on about plot issues, characters who refuse to behave and publishing in general.
2) Where did you get the idea for the Stacy Justice series?
I've been fascinated with the supernatural and alternative beliefs for years. I'm also acutely aware that family shapes our lives more than anything else so I wanted to combine those two elements, mix in a ton of fun and see where the journey led.
3) Where did you come up with the funny antics in Opal Fire? You had me ROFL at the things that were happening to Stacy.
Having a crazy family really helps to develop a sense of humor. I learned from an early age that laughing at life is the best way to get through it and making other people laugh is even better. Early in my career I wrote a humor column and that's when I discovered that written comedy came naturally to me. I would much rather here someone laughing at my words than crying.
4) How many books will there be in the Stacy Justice series?
As long as readers want them, I'll keep writing them!
5) What is your favorite genres to read? Do you have any favorite authors?
I love so many genres. Crime fiction, family saga, psychological thrillers, comedy, pulp fiction, horror. The list is endless and I actually write in several genres as is illustrated in a shorts anthology I have out titled, Circles. As far as authors--again, so many, but to name a few: Christopher Moore, JA Konrath, AS King, F. Paul Wilson, Mark Twain, Jennifer McMahon, Oscar Wilde, Lisa Lutz, Charlaine Harris, Alexandra Sokoloff and so many more.
6) Where do you do most of your writing?
In my office on a chaise if my dog isn't occupying it.
7) How did it feel when you published your first book?
Like the roller coaster finally stopped and let me off.
8) Did you always want to be a writer?
Yes. I began reading adult fiction when I was 12, decided on my college major of English/Writing at 14 and never faltered from that goal.
9) Are your books available in print as well as in ebook format?
I started off with a publisher so my books were available in print for a time. Right now they are only in electronic format, but my plan is to have them available in print by fall.
10) Can you tell us anything about any of your future work? What’s on the horizon?
Right now I'm working on Bloodstone, the second Stacy Justice book. Then, I have plans for a cross genre book involving the goddesses of Greek mythology. It's urban fantasy meets true crime meets historical. I'm very excited about it.
Barbra, Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and giving me the opportunity to read this wonderful series.
Thank you, Yvonne!