Young Adult, Paranormal
July 4, 2011
Following her successful first novel, "Solid", Shelley Workinger's "Settling" picks up the story of a group of teens who recently learned they had been genetically altered before birth. The Army has set them up in a special school where they can learn more about what has happened to them and the super-powers they each have acquired. The teens are desperate for answers and have become a close-knit group during the process.
One teen, Calliope "Clio" Kalid, is particularly interested in learning the truth and finds herself involved in a romance with two men, which could turn their group inside out. When one of the school's staff members is murdered and a fellow student is beaten up, the kids can't help wondering what they are in the middle of. They begin an investigation which leads to putting themselves in danger, even the Army can't keep them safe.
The characters we fell in love with in the first book are all back for more adventure, mystery and romance. It's a fast-paced book, which will have readers cheering for Clio and her friends. These characters group up right in front of our eyes. This is a very well written series that will leave readers holding their breaths during the final explosive scenes.
FTC Disclosure: The author provided me with a copy of this book to review. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.
Check out Shelley's website to learn more about her young adult series by clicking here.
Now....would you like to win an autographed copy of Settling of your very own? Shelley is graciously offering a copy to one luck winner! (US and International!). Thank you, Shelley!
Here are the rules...
1) Comment here that you want to be entered.
2) Leave a valid email address in your comment (I need a way to contact you! No email address, no entry!)
3) For an extra entry, follow my blog. If you already follow my blog, just mention that in your comment.
4) Subscribe to my blog and mention that in the comments, too, for another entry! If you already subscribe, mention that in the comments!
5) If you blog about the giveaway on your blog, you get 2 extra entries! Please leave the direct link of your post!
All entries must be submitted by July 9th, midnight est. I will contact the winner by email. If I don't get a response within 3 days, another winner will be chosen.
The winner will be picked by Random List.org.
Good luck everyone!