Wednesday, November 21, 2012
Cruisin' thru the Cozies Reading Challenge 2013
Welcome to the third annual Cruisin' thru the Cozies Reading Challenge! I'm still loving the cozies and this is one of the few challenges I plan to continue hosting.
To find out exactly what a cozy mystery is, check out Cozy-Mystery.com. This site is dedicated to cozy mysteries and does a great job of defining them as well as giving a list of cozy mysteries. This challenge is NOT restricted to what is on their list, it's just to be used as a guideline in case you need some hints on what to read.
So, here are the rules...
1. Choose the level you wish to participate:
Level 1 - Snoop - Read at least 6 books
Level 2 - Investigator - Read 7-12 books
Level 3 - Super Sleuth - Read 13 or more books
2. The challenge runs from January 1, 2013 and ends December 31, 2013.
3. You don't have to choose your books in advance. If you do, you can change your list at any time during the year. Books can overlap with other challenges.
4. Books can be in any format - paper, audio, ebooks...it all counts!
5. You don't have to post a review, but I'm sure others would love to know about the books you are reading and may even want to add it to their reading lists.
NOTE: If you don't have a blog and want to participate, that's fine. You don't have to have a blog, just post in the comments section as you finish books. If you belong to a site like Goodreads and review the books there, that's fine too. Just leave us the link.
6. Take the button above, put it on your blog and post about the challenge. Then add your name to Mr. Linky below. Just click here. Please use the link of your challenge post, not the link to your home page.
7. I'm going to have one link for signing up, one link for completed reviews and one link for your wrap up posts. I won't be having a monthly link, just one for all reviews read for this challenge.
I'm not going to be using the Cruisin' thru the Cozies blog I started last year. I'm going to keep it simple with everything at this blog. Too many blogs was getting confusing :)
Sign up link...
Completed reviews link (all books must be read after 1/1/13).
Wrap up challenge posts link
As for me, I will be going to level 2 this year and will list my reads here...
1. Cliff Hanger by Amy Saunders (Click here for my review.)
2. Trouble in the Tarot by Kari Lee Townsend (Click here to read my review.)
3. The Big Kitty by Claire Donally (Click here to read my review.)
4. Payne & Misery by Catherine Leggitt (Click here to read my review.)
5. A Killer Read by Erika Chase (Click here to read my review.)
6. Topped Chef by Lucy Burdette (Click here to read my review.)
7. Killer in Crinolines by Duffy Brown (Click here to read my review.)
8. Cat Trick by Sofie Kelly (Click here to read my review.)
9. Steamed to Death by Peg Cochran (Click here to read my review.)
10. Murder of the Cat's Meow by Denise Swanson (Click here to read my review.)
11. The Corpse with the Golden Nose by Cathy Ace (Click here to read my review.)
12.Kneading to Die by Liz Mugavero (Click here to read my review.)