Thursday, November 22, 2012

What An Animal Reading Challenge VI




The What an Animal Reading Challenge V ends on February 28, 2013. I'm starting the new challenge a bit earlier because I want the begin and end dates to be the same as my other challenges (it's easier for me to remember). So, the What An Animal Reading Challenge V will still end in February, so if you haven't completed it, you still have time. However, for anyone who wants to start the next animal reading challenge, What An Animal Reading Challenge VI will begin on January 1st. Read on for more details...

The rules are really simple...


1. Read at least 6 books that have any of the following requirements:


a. there is an animal in the title of the book

b. there is an animal on the cover of the book

c. an animal plays a major role in the book

d. a main character is (or turns into) an animal (define that however you'd like).

2. The animal can be any type of animal (real or fictitious)--dog, cat, monkey, wolf, snake, insect, hedgehog, aardvark...dragon, mermaid, centaur, vampire, werewolf...you get the idea...


3. Challenge runs from January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013. That’s a full year to read at least 6 books (you can read more if you’d like). 


4. Books can be fiction or nonfiction.


5. You may make a list of books at the beginning of the challenge or you can just list them as you find them.


6. Book titles may be swapped out at anytime (assuming you made a list to begin with).


7. Crossovers with other challenges are permitted and encouraged.


8. You don't have to have a blog or write a review, but you can if you want to.
 If you don't have a blog, just post in the comment section that you'd like to join. You can post your books in there.

9. Books can be in any format of your choice (print, audio, ebooks)

If you'd like to sign up, please use Mr. Linky below. I'm going to keep this challenge sign up here instead of using the What an Animal Reading Challenge blog I started last year. It's easier for me to keep them all here.

There will be one linky to sign up, one linky for completed reviews and one linky for completed challenge wrap up posts.

Sign up below to join the challenge!



Post your links for completed reviews below!



Post the link for your wrap up posts below



I will list what I read as I read them here...

1.  Trouble in the Tarot by Kari Lee Townsend (Click here to read my review.)
2. The Big Kitty by Claire Donally (Click here to read my review.)
3. Payne & Misery by Catherine Leggitt (Click here to read my review.)
4. A Killer Read by Erika Chase (Click here to read my review.)
5. Topped Chef by Lucy Burdette (Click here to read my review.)
6. Cat Trick by Sofie Kelly (Click here to read my review.)


37 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting again, Yvonne! I always enjoy this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're hosting again! I'm ready for another round.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting again! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting - looking forward to it - now to get my books ready

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting.This is going to be my first year doing reading challenges with themes,I so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for hosting,I excited to join the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Yvonne,

    I wish I'd known about this challenge earlier - I surely would have joined!

    Anyway, I am delighted to sign up for this - it's actually the first 2013 challenge I've signed up for!

    Create With Joy
    http://create-with-joy.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is the first time I join this challenge!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for hosting! I'm joining several of the challenges you listed. This is my first time to do any reading challenge & I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All signed up. In fact I'm signed up twice. Sorry about that. I made a mistake on the first one and tried to fix it and ended up on the list as both 30 and 31. I hope I still only have to read 6 books. :) Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm really looking forward to this! http://alyshadeshae.com/2013/01/03/entry-what-an-animal-reading-challenge-vi-2013/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know why I couldn't find the present run. It ends February 28? I finished ample animal reads if there's a place to immediately sign-up and link reviews? www.CMRiedel.WordPress.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This challenge runs from January 1 to December 31, 2013. The previous challenge (What An Animal V) ends in February. This is the post to sign up for What An Animal VI.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know and look forward to 'VI'. But I wondered where I can sign-up and link all my views for 'V'. I couldn't find it earlier, or a way to get let in. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can post them at the What An Animal Reading challenge blog at http://whatananimalrc.blogspot.com/

      Delete
    2. Yvonne, I made an error in #159. Would you please change the title to "Avenging Angels" (Riedel Fascination)?

      Delete
  15. Can't wait to participate in this challenge. :)
    I already know of several books I will be reading for this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OK, just found this, and I am all linked up:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just added One Hot Murder which has a cat on the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Darn it! Posted my latest review on the wrong linky...Sally's in the Alley should NOT be on the initial sign-up link. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just posted a link to where my beginning and ending post about this challenge is. I will be reading more books with cats do to joining the cat mystery yahoo group.

    ReplyDelete
  20. All done! I'll be reading more books with animals though...so I'll still be linking up reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for hosting,
    I excited to join the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm nearly done typing away on poor old dial-up. (I for one don't look forward to filling in 'Mount TBR' but it's mercifully the last long one of 2013). For challenges running in the Jan-Dec traffic: God bless all of you who leave the link long enough!

    When you get around to my closing post, would you leave a note about where I go to correct linky information? Good to know if it's in Wordpress menus, or where on Earth. I'm a complete hosting newbie. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Okay! If you'll excuse & correct (in that till-now mysterious manner) missing my blog's name in #184 (Riedel Fascination)... I'm done! I read 40 animal books for 2013. Carolyn. http://cmriedel.wordpress.com/2013/11/02/cozy-animals-in-literature/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.