Monday, July 28, 2014

Teaser Tuesdays/First Chapter Tuesdays - July 29th

Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week, I'm reading...



I laid my body on the cool wood floor, covered up with a blanket, and prepared to die. Metaphorically, that is.

Corpse Pose's ten-minute rest always soothed my stressed-out nerves, and for once I didn't feel guilty about the indulgence. My to-do list was blank, Serenity Yoga's phone was silent, and I had a whole blissful hour between clients to do my favorite activity: practice yoga.


What do you think? Would you continue reading?

14 comments:

  1. I enjoy yoga and I don't think I've read a fiction book centred around yoga. I would read on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I like her. I like the cover of the book too. It made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds like fun! Thanks for sharing...and enjoy.

    Here's mine: “EVERGREEN”

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, this would be one of those books/series I keep hearing about in the Cozy Mysteries group, but have yet to lay hands on. Hope you enjoyed! My teaser

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder what would happen if I got into Corpse Pose and just laid there for awhile in my office at work. I feel like it. LOL Except the floor here. Yuck.

    This does sound like a fun book! I would keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a fun story that I'd enjoy reading. Love the yoga connection.
    My Tuesday post features THE MOST UNSUITABLE WIFE.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read occasional cozies, like this week :) and I used to do yoga, so this unusual premise for a series makes it sound like fun! Going on my wishlist, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Corpse pose in one of my favorites! Enjoy the book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How heavenly to have a blank to-do list.

    Mine is from a series mystery. http://wp.me/pZnGI-ae

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the cover, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that cover. I can relate as I have two dogs that constantly get in the way of my yoga and workouts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd keep reading and that's a cute cover!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.