Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Teaser Tuesdays/First Chapter Tuesdays - December 30th


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


I'll be starting this one soon ...





The weekend with Brett had been wonderful, but Monday morning came all too soon. By 7 AM, Brett was on his way back to the State Police field office in Appomattox. Brett is the six-foot tall man who stole my heart with his hazel eyes, dark curly hair, and dimpled smile. He's also a detective with the Virginia State Police. These days, most weekends, he commutes the hour or so from Appomattox to Cold Creek.

After he left, I took my Sheltie, Charlie, for a quick walk and went to work. By 7:30 I was pulling into the Faculty parking lot at Cold Creek College. I deposited my jacket in my office and, still clutching my bag, I ran back down the stairs and into Georg's Cafe. I needed to grab a coffee before going to teach my 8 o'clock section of Introduction to Psychology. This was my morning routine.


What do you think? Would you keep reading?

10 comments:

  1. I guess I've taken too many writing classes where the instructor stressed "show -- don't tell." The first paragraph tells, and that bothers me. However, this sounds like it could be a good story. I hope you're enjoying it.
    My Tuesday post features IN TOO DEEP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes, and the opener leaves me with a feeling that the routines are about to be upended! Thanks for sharing...and enjoy.

    Here's mine: “ONE STEP TOO FAR”

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same thought Laurel-Rain had when reading the intro. My interest in piqued.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure -- though I've often thought the Arboretum would be an ideal place to hide a dead body. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know if it is enough to pack a punch, but I'd love to know what you think when you're done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. While the teaser is a bit wordy I'm intrigued! Also the fact that he has a Sheltie is enough to get me reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Katherine. When I hit the part about the Sheltie I became more curious. LOL I like the title and cover but not so sure about the story.

    Here's my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/12/30/teaser-tuesdays-93-strange-magic-some-freaky-deaky-hoodoo/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Monday always come too soon. I like the intro and would keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not sure about this one, but I'd like to read more to find out a bit more about what's going on. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.