Saturday, June 13, 2015

Review: So That Happened: My Unexpected Life in Hollywood by Jon Cryer



Genre:
Non-Fiction

Format:
Audio

Publisher:
Penguin Audio

Release Date:
April 2015







Jon Cryer, the star of the sitcom “Two and A Half Men” gets his chance at telling us his life story. He starts at the beginning – growing up in a celebrity home. I had no idea he had a background with parents in the business. Or at least I don’t think I knew that.

He takes us through his career as a child in commercials to a young adult in Broadway to the 1980 movies he has done to his television career. He even gets his chance to respond to Charlie Sheen’s attacks against him during the fiasco that went on a few years back. He does it in a very gentlemanly way. He’s not vicious or accusatory, he simply states the facts.

I listened to the audio version which he narrates himself. He does a great job telling us about his life…he’s a great storyteller. His humor is spread throughout this story. I can easily visualize him sitting in a room talking to a group of people about the behind-the- scenes happenings on all his projects. I would have liked to hear more. It’s very easy listening and a great audio for my commute.



For reading challenges:
2015 I Love Library Books Reading Challenge

Disclosure: I borrowed this one from the library. All opinions expressed are my own.


4 comments:

  1. Yvonne, I'm glad you enjoyed this memoir by Jon Cryer. I think I'd enjoy listening to it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to read this one and am hoping to get the chance to listen to it. I had no idea he had parents in the business either and I did wonder if he talked about the fiasco with Sheen. Now I'm really looking forward to reading this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't watch the show but I've seen a movie or two that he was in and he seems like a genuinely nice man. Glad you enjoyed the audio. Having the celeb himself tell his life story makes perfect sense and must have ratcheted up the listening fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been waiting for a copy from the library, maybe I should change my request to the audio instead.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.