Saturday, June 27, 2015

Review: Agatha Raisin and the Day the Floods Came by M.C. Beaton




 
Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
Audio

Publisher:
Blackstone Audio

Release Date:
January 2013



After a disastrous marriage attempt, Agatha Raisin needs a break from reality. She decides to go on a peaceful holiday to the South Pacific. It’s not all that peaceful when a young bride drowns. She returns home to the Cotswolds where a similar incident occurs when a young woman is found dead in a river. The woman’s fiancĂ© tops Agatha’s list of suspects and she’s determined to prove she’s right.

Unfortunately, Agatha’s partners in crime-solving are no longer in the picture – James and Charles have both left town. Agatha seeks the help of her new neighbor, author James Armitage. As a mystery writer, Agatha figures he’s more than qualified to help her investigate.

The story takes a few different twists and turns. Agatha makes me laugh as she continues to, also, make me want to shake some sense into her.

I took a bit of a break from listening to the audios, but now I’m back again. These are like potato chips – as soon as I finish one, I want another. Now we even have a new character – James Armitage – and I’m looking forward to seeing how he fits into future stories.




For reading challenges:
2015 I Love Library Books Reading Challenge
2015 My Kind of Mystery Reading Challenge


Disclosure: I borrowed this audio book from the library. All opinions expressed are my own.



2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.