Monday, June 1, 2015

Review: Agatha Raisin and the Love From Hell by M.C. Beaton


Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
Audio

Publisher:
Blackstone Audio, Inc.

Release Date:
January 2013
 
Agatha Raisin can’t believe it. After working hard to win the love of her neighbor, James Lacey, they are finally married. Much to Agatha’s dismay, marriage isn’t all that it’s cracked up to be. Agatha and James have problems from the start. They even retain separate residences. After a particularly loud public disagreement, James goes missing. Then, his mistress turns up dead.

The police’s attention is immediately pointed in Agatha and James’ direction. Even though James is nowhere to be found, Agatha believes in his innocence and is determined to prove it. Not to mention proving her own innocence. In Agatha’s eyes, the big puzzle is where is James? With the help of her old friend Charles Fraith, Agatha searches for answers.

This is the 11th book in the series. I can’t believe how quickly I listen to them. These move along at a great, fast pace. I’m warming up to Agatha all the time. She’s still rough around the edges, but she has a heart of gold. She just keeps it well hidden. LOL I’m looking forward to listening to Agatha’s next adventure and see where that takes her.



For reading challenges:
2015 I Love Library Books Reading Challenge

Disclosure: I borrowed this one from the library. All opinions expressed are my own.



1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.