Sunday, January 21, 2018

Review: Something Borrowed, Someone Dead by M.C. Beaton


Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
Audio

Publisher:
Blackstone Audiobooks

Release Date:
September 17, 2013






Synopsis from Goodreads:

Gloria French was a jolly widow from London who was heartily welcomed to the charming Cotswold hills despite her nasty habit of borrowing things and not giving them back. It's quite the shock when she is found dead, poisoned with tainted wine. Parish councilor Jerry Tarrant hires private detective Agatha Raisin to track down the murderer, but the residents resent Agatha's investigation. Of course, that doesn't stop the ever-persistent Agatha from sticking her nose where no one wants it, especially as the suspect list grows. As if it isn't enough that Agatha's ex has reentered the picture, the murderer is now targeting Agatha!

My Review

Agatha is back. Once again she’s stirring things up as she tries to find a killer. All her friends are back to lend a helping hand, even her handsome ex-husband. Unfortunately for Agatha, the small town is not welcome to her investigation. Now the killer’s attention is on Agatha. She’s determined to get to the bottom of this before she becomes the next victim.

I always enjoy listening to this series on audio. Agatha makes me both laugh and roll my eyes. She’s certainly the epitome of an eccentric character. Penelope Keith is my favorite narrator in this series. She has the personality, quirks and all, down perfectly. She makes this series so much fun to listen to. I’m looking forward to listening to the next one.



For reading challenges:
Audio Book Reading Challenge 2018
Cloak & Dagger Reading Challenge 2018
Cruisin thru the Cozies Reading Challenge 2018

Disclosure: I borrowed the audio book from the library. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.

3 comments:

  1. I've read several books in the Agatha Raisin series (and a few in the Hamish Macbeth) and I always enjoy them. This is one of those that I'd love to go back and start at the beginning with Maybe one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still haven't read this author. What do you use to listen to your audio's?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I borrow the audio through my library using Overdrive.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.