Friday, November 4, 2022

Book Beginnings on Fridays/The Friday 56 - November 4th




This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.





I'm also joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader


I've been eyeing this book for awhile and I'm hoping to read it soon. It looks like a good one.  Since I'm just back from a cruise, it looked like a good choice for me.  The excerpts aren't the greatest, but it looks like a fun book.






First Chapter

My first thought is that they had fallen.  

Honestly, I thought they had fallen.

From 56% on my e-reader...

"To magic, power, and pancakes," I call out and Bess and Nattie repeat the refrain.






What do you think?  What are you sharing today?



10 comments:

  1. That looks like a fun read! I hope you enjoyed your cruise. I've always wanted to do one. Maybe one day 😂

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/11/04/friday-56-a-moment-on-the-lips-at-christmas-by-j-taylor/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got me curious for more! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to break it to you, but the gal on the cover is NOT in her midlife! Ha!

    My book this week is A Swim in the Pond in the Rain

    ReplyDelete
  4. How was the cruise? I have yet to go on one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not gone on a cruise as yet. Waiting for "safer" times. How was yours?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great excerpts and a book that looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just put down the deposit on our first cruise that'll be next year and I'm so excited! This book looks fun and I'm looking forward to seeing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.