Thursday, November 10, 2022

2023 Netgalley and Edelweiss Reading Challenge - Sign Up

 




I'm happy to announce that I'm back with the Netgalley and Edelweiss Reading Challenge.  I took it over in 2021 from Tina at Reading Between the Pages.  
I'm always feeling like my Netgalley and Edelweiss shelves are getting out of hand and thought this challenge would help me out alot.  So, although it's the tenth annual challenge, for me it's my third :) Keep reading for all the info...

Welcome to the tenth annual
NetGalley and Edelweiss Reading Challenge!

What the challenge is all about…

Are you feeling overwhelmed by the number of NetGalley/Edelweiss books sitting on your shelf to be read?
Have you lost your 80% rating and would love to get it back?
Do you want to challenge yourself to read more NetGalley/Edelweiss books?
Do you need extra inspiration to achieve that next badge?

If the answer is “YES” to any of these questions then this is the challenge for you!

Challenge guidelines… 

  • The challenge runs from January 1, 2023 – December 31, 2023. There is no deadline to sign up.
  • Everyone is welcome to participate – you do not need to have a blog.
  • Any genre, release date, length, etc. counts – it just needs to be a book from NetGalley or Edelweiss.
  • Books can count for more than one challenge that you are participating in.
  • The first day of each month I will post a monthly “link-up” for you to link your reviews. If you forget one month, no worries, just catch up the next month.
  • Questions: Feel free to leave a comment below.

The Levels…

Bronze – 10 Books

Silver – 25 Books

Gold – 50 Books

Platinum – 75 Books

Diamond – 100 Books

To sign-up…

  • Make a blog post stating the level you intend to read in 2023 and link that blog post to Mr. Linky below.  The first Link should be your name, the url should be the direct link to that blog post, not your main blog page.
  • If you do not have a blog then state your reading level in the comments below and how you will be sharing your book reviews.
  • Last but not least, be sure to come back every month and link in those reviews. This is really the hardest part – remember to do the monthly “link-ups”! 


I'm looking forward to another fun year of reading!



*This challenge was created by Emily@Falling for YA, then moved to Katrina@Bookish Things & More (site no longer available), then moved to  Reading Between the Pages and now resides here at Socrates Book Reviews.

I'm signing up for the Silver level at 25 books.  I'll be listing my books here as I read them...

1.  Against the Currant by Olivia Matthews (Click here to read my review.)

2.  Do I Know You? by Emily Wibberley/Austin Siegemund-Borka (Click here to read my review.)

3.  Wined and Died in New Orleans by Ellen Byron (Click here to read my review.)

4.  A Purr Before Dying by T.C. LoTempio (Click here to read my review.)

5.  To Kill A Mocking Girl by Harper Kincaid (Click here to read my review.)

6.  Star Tangled Murder by Nancy J. Cohen (Click here to read my review.)

7.  A Midsummer Night's Scheme by Harper Kincaid (Click here to read my review.)

8.  Vera Wong's Unsolicited Advice for Murderers by Jesse Q. Sutanto (Click here to read my review.)

9.  Fiddling with Fate by Diane Kelly (Click here to read my review.)

10.  The Seaside Library by Brenda Novak (Click here to read my review.)

11.  The Soulmate by Sally Hepworth (Click here to read my review.)

12.  Hard Dough Homicide by Olivia Matthews (Click here to read my review.)

13.  Mrs. Nash's Ashes by Sarah Adler (Click here to read my review.)

14.  Identity by Nora Roberts (Click here to read my review.)

15.  The Little Italian Hotel by Phaedra Patrick (Click here to read my review.)

16.  The Bookshop by the Bay by Pamela Kelley (Click here to read my review.)

17.  How the Murder Crumbles by Debra Sennefelder (Click here to read my review.)

18.  Hiss Me Deadly by Miranda James (Click here to read my review.)

19.  Death Steals the Spotlight by T.C. LoTempio (Click here to read my review)

20.  Macarons Can Be Murder by Rose Betancourt (Click here to read my review.)

21.  A Fatal Groove by Olivia Blacke (Click here to read my review.)

22.  The Weekend Trip by Joanna Bolouri (Click here to read my review.)

23.  Home for the Challah Days by Jennifer Wilck (Click here to read my review.)

24.  Kissing Kosher by Jean Metzler (Click here to read my review.)

25.  Death by a Thousand Sips by Gretchen Rue (Click here to read my review.)

13 comments:

  1. Wow, do I need this challenge! My problem in the last year wasn't so much reading my ARCs, as writing and posting the reviews. I'm hoping this challenge will help me do better in that regard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I review under Christine Woinich. I hope to get my standing at Netgalley back up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for hosting. I'm hoping that this will get my reading mojo back!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am new to this blogging not to sure of myself at the moment

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just signed in. Committing to the Bronze Level at 10 books. We'll see how it goes. Happy reading everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad I stumbled upon this challenge! Can't wait to see how everyone does! I'm going for Bronze but secretly hoping for Silver

    ReplyDelete
  7. You don't need to approve this comment I just wanted to see if my first one submitted and was waiting for approval or just didn't submit

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thinking I'm going to cut back this year and go for gold--50 books.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for hosting this. I'm excited to see how many I read.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This challenge sounds great. I hope I can be accepted. Please could you delete entry 28. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to the challenge. Everyone who signs up is in. I look forward to seeing what you read. I deleted #28.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.