Friday, November 25, 2022

Book Beginnings on Fridays/The Friday 56 - November 25th




This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.





I'm also joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader


This is the third book in the Magical Mystery Book Club series.  I'm really loving this series.  The excerpts are from the E-ARC.








First Chapter

Never in my life did I think I'd grow up to be an adult writing my mother a letter, telling her about my adventures like she was some faraway pen pal.  I had a lot to tell her, but she only lasted about two minutes on the phone before she came up with some pressing issue that made her hang up...

From 56% on my e-reader...

"Yes, indeed," said Atticus.  "This is absolutely fascinating."

Synopsis from Goodreads:

This is no ordinary book club! When the group chooses a book, they are whisked away from reality to find themselves totally immersed in the story. The characters, the setting, and the murder all come to life. In order to exit the book, they’ll need to solve the mystery and reach The End.

This time, the club chooses a mystery that takes place in a quaint western town – in the old Wild West. That sounds like great fun, until they arrive in the dusty old town in the Arizona desert, among cowboys and saloons. They discover that the outhouse isn’t the worse thing about this trip.

The good news is that Paige, Glo, Zell, Frank, and the other members of the club discover plenty of surprises here, and they have a great time visiting a piece of history. They’ll get to live through many exciting moments as they unravel this cozy mystery story.





What do you think?  What are you sharing today?



5 comments:

  1. That sounds like an interesting book. I like the fact that they are taken to another world.

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/11/25/friday-56-dashboard-elvis-is-dead-by-david-f-ross/

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I want to do now is get my cat a cowboy hat, but he'll hate me eternally if I do xD This sounds like an amazing series concept though, one every single reader has probably dreamed of! The opening is a little sad though, or maybe I'm misunderstanding it. I hope you enjoy this one as much as the rest of the series! Have alovely weekend :)
    Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to read Vampires And Villains! :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.