Sunday, April 23, 2023

The Weekend Review - April 22nd-24th





The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It's a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

If you'd like to participate with The Sunday Salon, it is now being hosted by Deb at Readerbuzz.

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading is a meme with a new host!  It's now being hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. This is where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week…. and anything in between! This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from!

I'm also linking to  Stacking The Shelves which is hosted by Reading Reality.

Hi Everyone!  

I hope you are all having a great weekend.  It's a nice, quiet one here.

I finished two books this week.  Both were good.  I haven't had much walking weather (too humid) so I haven't been listening to my audiobook.  I hope to be able to get back to that eventually.

As for what I'm watching, I'm still binging Criminal Minds.  I only have a season and a half left.  I've taken a bit of a break, though, to catch up with season 3 of Star Trek Picard.  I wasn't thrilled with season 2, but season 3 is really good.

Not much else is going on around here.  I'm just hoping to do some more reading.  I hope you all have a great week!






I'm currently reading...






I finished reading ...




I'm still listening to...




These are still on my April reading list, but I will probably carry over a couple of them to May.






Here are this week's Kindle freebie haul. They were freebies when I got them, I don't know if they still are. Always make sure to check they are still free before buying. The prices change quickly.  



26 comments:

  1. I'll encourage you to get to Out of Circulation this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to get to it soon. I love this series.

      Delete
  2. Criminal Minds is so good! I haven't watched the reboot yet though. I struggled with season 2 of Picard as well. I haven't watched season 3 yet but I've heard good things. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought season 3 was 1000 times better than the first two seasons of Picard.

      Delete
  3. How did you like the Soulmate? I thought it was awesome. Enjoy the other books too.

    https://bookdilettante.blogspot.com/2023/04/i-cant-save-you-memoir-by-anthony-chin.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved it! It's one of my favorites of 2023, so far.

      Delete
  4. We are having a nice quiet weekend as well. :) Enjoy the rest of yours, and your books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just gotten in the first season of Picard from my library. I'm looking forward to watching it.

    Agatha Raisin is always a fun story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't really enjoy Picard until season 3. I hope you enjoy the series.

      Delete
  6. Yeah, it's not been very good walking weather here either, I am hoping to start up doing some walking as I don't during winter as it's too cold!

    Have a great week and happy reading,
    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, it's the humidity and now we seem to be getting a lot of rain. So, no walking right now for me.

      Delete
  7. Season 3 of Picard was so good, it was sad to see it end

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Season 3 was the best. I hated to say goodbye but I see a sequel in their future... or just wishful thinking :)

      Delete
  8. I look forward to hearing how you like Mulled to Death, this is a series I'd like to get back to reading (I've read the first book)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I missed the last season or two of Criminal Minds but I used to love the show. Definitely creepy! I really need to pick up more of the Agatha Raisin series. I've read a number of them and enjoy them but have never read all the books or read them in order. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Couldn't help but smile at Agatha Raisin. :-) Criminal Minds, I'm with you on that. I will be binging on some episodes today too.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  11. It has not been walking weather here either, it's been either rainy or too cold again. This week is iffy...Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's getting pretty humid here, too, and we have a lot less shade now since the hurricane. I've been trying for shorter walks in the evening just before sunset, but sometimes I run out of time. Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I should try Picard. I'll keep that in mind about the first two seasons if I do and just stick with it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't seen Criminal Minds for awhile now. I really need to watch that show again! Hope you have a great week!

    Here’s my Sunday Post

    Please join the Book Photo Sundays and Cover Spotlight

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry it is so humid. We are planning to watch season 3 of Picard soon and the newest season of Mrs. Maisel. XO

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that yellow car and skirt on The Glass House. Hope the book is making good reading.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice looking assortment of books. I'm trying to concentrate on review books. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't watched Criminal Minds in a long time. Will have to check if I can find somewhere to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm going to look for your Seaside Library review now. Very interested in that one. Hope you're having a great week!

    Jill
    http://www.allthebooksihaventread.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.