Friday, April 21, 2023

Book Beginnings on Fridays/The Friday 56 - April 21st




This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.





I'm also joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader


I'm going to read this one soon.  I borrowed it through Kindle Unlimited. 






First Chapter

"R-E-S," Pat belted out letters with Aretha, "P-E-C-T" as she pulled into the parking spot labeled "Law Librarian" at the Santa Cruz County Building...

From 56% on my e-reader...

Pat's ringing phone woke her up on Monday morning.  She was ready to complain to her tormentor that 6:30 was too early for someone to call unless they were bleeding and needed her help, but when she glanced at the time on her cell phone as she answered it, she noted that it was 8:45...


Synopsis from Goodreads:

Law Librarian Pat Pirard got an unexpected thirty-fifth birthday present: a pink slip. Now she has nine weeks to reinvent herself before she runs out of money. Her best friend Syda gives her a glass forming class as a birthday present and distraction where Pat gets another surprise: a murder.

What do you think?  What are you sharing today?



8 comments:

  1. Oh no. A pink slip! Why? Guess I have to read it to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already like this main character! You can't go wrong with a reference to Aretha Franklin. Enjoy your current read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sleeping in until 8:45 sounds Heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a cute cozy! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, that sounds good! I hope you enjoy it! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds interesting! Kindle Unlimited keeps tempting me. There are so many interesting looking books!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.