Tuesday, December 9, 2008

De Marco Empire by J Lou McCartney




Genre: Fiction

The de Marco brothers left a tragic past behind in Italy and set up a new life in London. Their exclusive posh nightclub is a huge success with guests clamoring to get in. Two people who are denied admittance are Lucy Carmichael and Katie Saunders. Both young women are dying to get in so they gain access to the club under the guise of applying for jobs as waitresses. Much to their surprise they get the jobs and begin an exciting adventure neither of the girls expected.

Katie falls in love with Antonio de Marco and the feelings are mutual. Sadly, Katie breaks up her romance with Lucy’s older brother, Matt. Meanwhile, Antonio leaves his psychotic girlfriend Sasha. However, Sasha is not one to take this lying down and vows to get revenge on both Katie and Antonio.

Things take a nasty turn when the de Marco brothers’ past comes back and threatens all those closest to them. They desperately try to save their family and friends, but tragedy strikes over and over again. None of their lives will ever be the same.

This is an action-packed drama with characters you will either love or hate. Each character is crafted expertly and realistically. These are people you will come to care about and cheer for. The villains will have the reader craving their own justice. I could not put this book down. It was “edge-of-the-seat” reading with twists and turns that will make your head spin. It is a totally engrossing book that will give readers hours upon hours of enjoyment. J Lou McCartney is a new author and I expect she has a bright future ahead of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.