Saturday, December 13, 2008

Like Glass by Matthew Corey


Genre: Romance, Fiction

When Rob Jackson met Janet during his college days, he had no idea how much this woman would change his life. It’s a case of love at first sight, or at least love in four days. That’s all it took for him to fall head over heels in love. Everything was perfect, or so he thought. Much to Rob’s horror, his beloved brother Bill sweeps Janet off her feet and makes her his wife. Rob couldn’t take the betrayal and cut himself off from his family. He created a successful life in computers and basically lives his life with little or no communication with his family.

One day Rob receives a phone call from his sister-in-law that rocks his world. The brother who destroyed his life was dead. Rob didn’t know how to feel, but it was time for him to see his parents and, most of all, Janet and the children she had with his brother. As much as he tries, it’s next to impossible for Rob to put his hurt behind him and go on with his life. When tragedy strikes, Rob finds himself without anything – not even the job he worked so hard to get.

Janet puts aside her own hurt and grief to help Rob. Together, they try to make sense of their lives and strive for a peaceful co-existence.

This story is an emotional rollercoaster that will have the reader laughing and crying. Matthew Corey’s words flow brilliantly through each page. I found Mr. Corey’s use of flashbacks and dream sequences quite effective. It’s a fast-paced story with realistic characters. Readers will feel each character’s pain and joy. By the end of the book, I found myself in tears. I’m looking forward to the next book by Matthew Corey.

Starting Monday, December 15th Socrates' Book Reviews will be participaing with J. Kaye's Book Blog's noontime chat of this book. I'm looking forward to it. I will post more info when I have the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.