Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Texas-Sized Secrets by Elle James




Harlequin Intrigue #1052, March 2008

Genre: Romantic Suspense

Mona Grainger’s advertisement for a “Cowboy for Hire” brought more than she bargains for when Reed Bryson applies for the job. The rugged cowboy is exactly what Mona needs to save her land from cattle rustlers, but when the bank threatens to foreclose on her ranch, she finds herself in the middle of a dangerous plot to undermine her promise to her late father to keep the land in the family. It doesn’t help that she is several months pregnant and desperate for the baby’s father not to find out or she could lose everything.

As a former law enforcement officer, Reed is just the person to protect Mona’s land, but can he protect himself from falling in love with his boss? When the bank president refuses to give Mona an extension on her loan and other banks refuse to give her any credit, Pierce is sure there is a conspiracy to destroy the woman. Then, men start turning up dead and he knows Mona is in serious trouble. He vows not to give up until he exposes the truth and saves Mona’s legacy.

It’s been awhile since I read a Harlequin Intrigue but this one gripped me from the first page. It reminded me how much I enjoy these books. The characters and plot are well written and readers will be on the edge of their seats wanting to know how this will end. The conclusion wasn’t a big surprise, but it was like a huge jigsaw puzzle trying to figure out how everything fit together. There were many twists and turns. An excellent weekend read. I know I have others by this author in my TBR and I’ll have to check them out too.


For reading challenge: A to Z Reading Challenge

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.