Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tuesday Thingers



Today's question: A few weeks ago, someone told me about the Common Knowledge feature of Library Thing. The statistics and basic information can be found through a link at the bottom of any page. Currently there are over 869,540 facts that have been entered. How do they get there? We add them!

It took me a while to figure out that you enter them from the book or author page. When you have a book or author page pulled up, if you look at the left hand side, there are a bunch of links you can choose from. One of them is Common Knowledge. If you click the link, it will bring up a section where you can add facts.

Have you ever looked at the Common Knowledge page, or viewed the history of changes/additions? If you were aware of this section, have you added any information? Do you find this information useful or interesting?

My answer: No, I didn't know about this feature at all. I just checked it out when I read this post. Looks like there is alot of information there and could be very helpful. I'm not sure yet how I'd use it, but I could see where alot of people would want to. I'll have to look at this some more over the weekend. There's so much at LT that I haven't looked at and I really need to do that.

If anyone else would like to join Tuesday Thingers, click the button above.


Thought I'd share some pics of my beautiful kitties...

This is Trini.....











And now Geiger...














and of course Socrates...


5 comments:

  1. I find common knowledge invaluable for odd facts and descriptions that Amazon misses. And your cats are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that Geiger looks like a kitty with attitude. I would post pictures of my imaginary cat Kitty....but she is imaginary.

    as in all things odd and geeky about Library Thing, I like Common Knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've browsed Common Knowledge a little, and added a few bits of info. It's fun, but I'm not sure how really useful it might be.

    Beautiful kitties! They look like they definitely have three very different personalities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwwww...the kitties are sooo cute :)
    i'll have to check out the Common Knowledge feature of Library Thing, I didnt know about it.
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful cats! I've always been partial to the soft grey color! :)

    Thanks for participating in Tuesday Thingers last week! I've got this week's posted now.

    Take care, Wendi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.