Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sliding Into Home by Joanne Rock



Harlequin Blaze #486, August 2009
Genre: Romance

This is part of Harlequin Blaze’s mini-series “4 Encounters” which gives us four romance stories in one book. This book is based on my favorite sport, baseball.

Hot headed Boston Ace’s catcher, Brody Davis, broke up with Naomi over the phone while his team was on a road trip. Although she never planned to get involved with him again, she has a change of heart when she runs into the handsome baseball player. Will her heart lead the way back into the man’s arms?

New York Scrapers’ shortstop, Lance Montero, does his best to avoid the media. He never thought he’d meet someone who was in the media just as often as he was. The beautiful Jamie is an heiress who never thought a baseball star would catch her eye, but she’s immediately attracted to Lance and has no intentions of letting him go.

Chicago Flames’ baseball star Javier Velasquez parties too much off the field. Enough that the owners of his team are nervous. The team’s trainer, Lisa, agrees to help find out what’s bothering Javier, but she didn’t expect to fall for the guy herself.

Atlanta Rebels’ first baseman Rick Warren has fallen in love. Unfortunately, it’s with his boss’ daughter. This can’t be good for his career or the team. When he demands a trade, Delaney is furious and hurt. She’s ready to push the guy out of her life forever, but it’s not quite that easy.

The sparks are flying all through the pages of this book. The entire book is 211 pages, which means each story is approximately 60 pages. Although, I loved all the characters, I would have liked to see each couple with their own book. I think there was enough story for each of them. This is a quick read, with very hot love scenes.

2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.