Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sunday Salon - September Wrap Up



I haven't been around here much due to some health issues, but I thought I'd post my September reads. This month I read...

Unbridled by Tori Carrington (Blaze) - Loved it!
Everything Sucks by Hannah Friedman (review, memoir) - Good
The Sister Pact by Cami Checketts (review, romantic suspense) - Good
Her Passionate Plan B by Dixie Browning (SD) - Fair
The Recipe Club by Andrea Israel and Nancy Garfinkel (review) - Loved it!
So Into You by Sandra Hill (review, romance) - Good
Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Viera Rigler (audio,
romance, chick lit) - Good
The Late Lamented Molly Marx by Sally Koslow (chick lit, mystery) - Good

Overall, I think I had a good month. I finished another challenge (the paranormal challenge). I'm not sure I'll finish all of my challenges by the end of the year, but that's okay. I don't think I will be signing up for challenges next year, but I could change my mind at any time. LOL

Right now I'm reading 13 1/2 by Nevada Barr and it's really a good book. It's intense and has me captivated.

Hope everyone has a good week!

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

9 comments:

  1. I hope your health issues are resolved soon!

    I also felt that Confessions or a Jane Austen Addict was good.

    I'm really interested in The Recipe Club and 13 1/2, but I'm trying not to add books to my shelf right now.

    Have a great October.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that you are poorly at the moment. I hope you feel better soon.

    I am thinking that perhaps I should avoid challenges next year and just concentrate on reading what I want to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better soon. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope your feeling better soon!
    looks like you had a great reading month :)

    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yvonne...you take care of yourself, and hope your issues are easily resolved.

    You read some great books, and you made my day with the cute photo...loved it :)

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you a quick return to feeling your best!

    Congrats on finishing a challenge! I need to update my challenges.

    I had a bad month with my fibromayliga but a good reading month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the good wishes everyone. Hopefully I'll know more about my health situation later in the week.

    imbookingit - I know the feeling about not wanting to add more books to your shelf at the moment. I try that, but it never works :)

    Vivienne - That's what I'm thinking, too. The challenges have been fun, but I hate choosing books with the idea that they somehow have to fit into a reading challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on having a great reading month and completing a challenge. I hope you feel better soon.

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.