Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Dead Ever After by Charlaine Harris (Sookie Stackhouse #13)


Genre:
Paranormal

Format:
Audio

Publisher:
Audible Audio Edition

Release Date:
May 2013













Synopsis from Fantastic Fiction:

Sookie Stackhouse finds it easy to turn down the request of former barmaid Arlene when she wants her job back at Merlotte's. After all, Arlene tried to have Sookie killed. But her relationship with Eric Northman is not so clearcut. He and his vampires are keeping their distance...and a cold silence. And when Sookie learns the reason why, she is devastated.

Then a shocking murder rocks Bon Temps, and Sookie is arrested for the crime.

But the evidence against Sookie is weak, and she makes bail. Investigating the killing, she'll learn that what passes for truth in Bon Temps is only a convenient lie. What passes for justice is more spilled blood. And what passes for love is never enough...

My thoughts…

When you get to #13 of a series, sometimes you’ve had enough. That’s not the case with the Sookie books for me, but I’m glad they are coming to an end. Too much of a good thing isn’t always…well, a good thing. Some of the books along the way I didn’t like as much as others, but overall, I enjoyed this series very much.

I wasn’t expecting the series to end as it did (no, I’m not giving away any spoilers), so Charlaine Harris still has the ability to surprise me. Like all the other Sookie books, this one had a great mix of adventure, mystery and lots of romance.

One thing I have to say about the narrator, Johanna Parker, I thought she was wonderful. If I didn’t know better, I would have thought it was Anna Paquin narrating the books herself. Parker had the voice down perfect.

I will miss this series, but it was well worth listening to.

FTC Disclosure: I took this book out of the library for my own enjoyment. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.



1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you were happy with the conclusion! I still have a few books to go in the series...thinking I may switch to the audio versions for the rest.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.