Saturday, July 13, 2013

Review: Affinities by Chris Hollis




Genre:
Psychological Thriller

Format:
E-Book

Publisher:
Amazon Digital Services

Release Date:
March 2013






Andrew Goodwin hears voices in the middle of the night. These voices are keeping him trapped in his own home. When he tries to leave or call for help, he can’t. He is convinced he’s been kidnapped and being held hostage, but it’s impossible to prove since he hasn’t seen anyone. In fact, he isn’t even given a chance to stay awake for any length of time.

If there was only some way he can get his life back and find out who is doing this to him and why, but his moments of consciousness are few and far between.  One day he wakes up with bruises and blood all over him, making him more and more desperate.  He becomes a prisoner of his own body.

This is an extremely difficult book to summarize as I didn’t want to give anything away. It's a compelling and captivating story that will keep you on the edge of your seat. I didn’t want to stop reading until I knew what was going on and the reasons for this. Just when I thought I figured it out, it turns out I was wrong.

The characters are well written and larger than life. The storyline is clever, intriguing and fascinating. It’s a book of suspense, drama and even a little of the paranormal mixed in to create a blend that readers will find gripping. I can’t say enough good things about this book – another author to add to my “must read” list!





For reading challenges:
A-Z Reading Challenge 2013
2013 E-Book Reading Challenge


FTC Disclosure: The author provided me with a copy of this book for an honest review. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! This sounds really good. I just recently started to read more psychological thrillers. I didn't used to think that they were my thing, but realized that I liked many of them as I started to try them. Thank you for your review.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.