Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday - June 18th



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

It should come as no surprise that I'm featuring yet another upcoming cozy mystery.  It's another first in a new series and it's coming out in November.




Synopsis from Goodreads...

FIRST IN A NEW SERIES!

In the seaside town of Lighthouse Cove in northern California, everyone knows the best man for the job is actually a woman—contractor Shannon Hammer. But while Shannon can do wonders with a power drill and a little elbow grease, she’s about to discover that some problems aren’t so easily fixed....

Shannon’s home-renovation and repair business is booming, but her love life needs work. On a blind date with real estate agent Jerry Saxton, she has to whip out a pair of pliers to keep Jerry from getting too hands on. Shannon is happy to put her rotten date behind her, but when Jerry’s found dead in a run-down Victorian home that she’s been hired to restore, the town’s attractive new police chief suspects that her threats may have laid the foundation for murder.

Determined to clear her name, Shannon conducts her own investigation—with the help of her four best friends, her eccentric father, a nosy neighbor or two, and a handsome crime writer who’s just moved to town. But as they get closer to prying out the murderer’s identity, Shannon is viciously attacked. Now she’ll have to nail down the truth—or end up in permanent foreclosure.…

Publisher: Signet
Release Date: November 4, 2014

7 comments:

  1. Wow you are reading well ahead with this one! I'm glad you've found a new series, I do hope you enjoy it.

    http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like the start of a promising new series. I'll have to keep it on my radar screen.

    My WoW: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/06/waiting-on-wednesday-this-is-how-id.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, love the premise and that it's the first in a new series. Thanks for sharing. Here's mine: “BIG LITTLE LIES”

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited about this series! I love Carlisle's other series and I love anything involving home renovation in a book so this looks like a great mix!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hadn't heard about this author but it looks cute :) Great pick!
    Here's mine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you'll enjoy this one, Yvonne. It sounds like your cup of "cozy" tea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.