Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday - June 4th



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

One of my favorite cat cozy mystery series has a new book coming out...




Synopsis from Goodreads...

Winter has come to Crozet, Virginia, bringing with it a fresh blanket of snow. Harry and her husband, Fair, are hip deep in their usual end-of-the-year activities: distributing food to needy residents, and shopping for outfits for the Silver Linings youth organization’s annual fundraising gala. But buried beneath the white stuff are dark secrets from Crozet’s past—and Harry and her posse of pet detectives are determined to sniff them out.

Two Silver Linings mentors have been found dead in suspicious circumstances. If that weren’t enough to chill the bones of the locals, a pair of severed human fingers has turned up in a pencil jar in the bookkeeper’s office at St. Cyril’s church. What does this grisly display have to do with the mysterious disappearance of Harry’s voluptuous high school Latin teacher, a quarter of a century ago? Maybe nothing. But when the animals make another gruesome discovery in the woods behind Harry’s farm, it becomes clear that terrible crimes have been committed in Crozet—and somebody’s gone to great lengths to cover them up. It’s time to stop shoveling snow and start digging for clues.

The truth will be revealed. A cold case will be solved. And a twenty-five-year-old love triangle is about to get untangled. The weather outside may be frightful, but Harry and her four-legged friends refuse to be spooked off the case.

Publisher: Bantam
Release Date: June 24, 2014

8 comments:

  1. I read the first few books in this series...must get back to it one of these days.

    My WoW: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/06/waiting-on-wednesday-quick.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read some Rita Mae Brown books, but haven't yet read this series. Sounds like I need to get on board! Thanks for sharing...and enjoy.

    Here's mine: “I LOVE YOU MORE”

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am hopeless in love with cozies and I have been meaning to read a Rita Mae Brown book. I especially love cozies that feature cats. I hope you enjoy it when you are able to read it.
    Our Waiting and Wishing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yet another series I've yet to try, though I've heard rave reviews... :-\

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks and sounds like a fabulous cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this one but had completely forgotten about it! Sounds like a fun read! Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never read her before. I do love a small town with secrets!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.