Monday, June 9, 2014

Teaser Tuesdays/First Chapter Tuesdays - June 10th


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week, I'm reading...



"Write that book if you dare, but you won't live to see it in print!" I stared at the two older women - the usually subdued Gerda Stein, her face flushed with anger, and my dear friend Sylvia - but neither seemed aware that I'd entered the kitchen.

Sylvia shook her head in dismay. "I've no wish to upset you, but your father's story is the keystone of my book. He was a Nazi, Gerda, and responsible for killing thousands of innocent people."


So, what do you think? Would you continue reading?

13 comments:

  1. Eh...probably wouldn't pick this one up. My teaser: Rascal by Sterling North

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh-oh, that book will lead to murder for sure! Interesting teaser...thanks for sharing.

    Here's mine: “DON’T TRY TO FIND ME”


    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a great cozy ?! enjoy - I'd keep reading for sure.
    Mine's a debut w giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds interesting! I'd probably pick it up.
    Here's my teaser....
    http://mytime2read.blogspot.com/2014/06/tuesday-memes-vacationers.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can understand why Gerda is upset. No one likes their dirty laundry, no matter how much in the past it is, aired in a book. Still, Sylvia has a good point. I would keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those opening paragraphs got my attention. I'd keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is an awesome beginning! I would go on reading.

    Here is my POST.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like someone doesn't want father's secrets exposed! This sounds like a book I'd enjoy.
    My Teaser is from LEAN ON ME.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The intro grabs my attention and it looks like a murder mystery and I haven't read one in a long time. I hope you're enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds intriguing, probably would read it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can see both sides. Why she would want to write it and why the other would want to stop it. Makes for a good read though I bet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like it and would read more --first I heard of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh, how must she feel getting that news?? Makes your stomach sink.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.