Monday, October 20, 2014

Teaser Tuesdays/First Chapter Tuesdays - October 21st


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


I'm using a book I just finished reading...



Miss An'gel Ducote fixed her houseguest with a gimlet eye. "I expect you to behave like a proper gentlemen while you're here."

Diesel Harris regarded his hostess unblinkingly for a moment before he meowed.

Miss Dickce Ducote snorted with laughter. "Good gracious, Sister, you don't need to lecture him on how to conduct himself. Diesel has better manners than some of the two-legged fools who've set foot in Riverhill."


What do you think? Would you continue reading?

16 comments:

  1. Hmm...I think I'd need to know about the book, as this intro doesn't really grab me. I also have a cozy this week: Mine: Tomb With a View

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the opening.. sounds like fun. Hope you enjoy this new series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...what a cute cover! Yes, I would probably keep reading.
    My teaser today is from Lost and Found by Brooke Davis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure about this one - I'd need to read on a bit more first before deciding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd read on, especially as I love series mysteries. Mine this week is at http://wp.me/pZnGI-eY

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like cats. Most of them are better behaved than people. I would read on.

    I have two teasers today from Veronica Roth’s YA dystopian “Divergent” series:

    http://pdworkman.com/conversation-with-veronica-roth-teasertuesday/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds delightful...and what a cute cover! I am curious about the antics this "houseguest" is sure to pull.

    Here's mine: “FURTHER OUT THAN YOU THOUGHT”

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cover. :-) I would keep reading. I want to know Diesel better, maybe give him a scratch behind his ear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a fun cozy. I like characters who talk to their pets like I do.
    My Tuesday post features THE LITTLEST COWBOY.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like a keeper, and it appears there may be some animal hijinks ahead as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice cover and teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks fun, though I think I remember this from last week?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like an entertaining mystery, enjoy your book. Have a good week! kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great excerpt and the cover is really cute. I've read the first one in this series but never read any more. I should probably fix that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.