Saturday, October 18, 2014

Review: 10th Anniversary by James Patterson & Maxine Paetro


Genre:
Mystery, Suspense

Format:
Audio

Publisher:
Little, Brown & Company

Release Date:
January 2012







It’s the 10th book in the Women’s Murder Club series and appropriately named, 10th Anniversary.

Detective Lindsay Boxer is finally marrying her guy, Joe Molinari. However, she’s immediately called to investigate a horrible crime – a teenage girl is left for dead and her newborn child is gone. Lindsay races to find the baby, but she can’t help thinking the teenager is hindering the investigation. This case is also awakening Lindsay’s desire to have children of her own.

Lindsay’s friend, Assistant District Attorney Yuki Castellano is involved in her own case. A woman is accused of murdering her husband, but when Lindsay finds evidence that casts a shadow of a doubt, Yuki is not only furious but begins to doubt herself. This is one case she cannot lose as her career depends on it. Will one of her closest friends destroy it for her?

It’s been a long time since I read one of these books, but this series has always been a favorite. I decided to listen to the audio version of it and it made for a fun commute to work. There’s much action and mystery like the previous books. One of my favorite things about any series is seeing character growth. With this book, we see Lindsay marry and look forward to having a family. She’s come a long way since the first book and I’m looking forward to reading more of this series.



For reading challenges:
2014 I Love Library Books Reading Challenge
2014 Finishing the Series Reading Challenge

Disclosure: I borrowed this audio book from the library. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.


3 comments:

  1. I have some of the books in this series, but just haven't started them yet. I really need to before there are so many I won't even want to try. I loved the tv series so I'm pretty sure I'll love the books too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read (and enjoyed) a few books in this series...looking forward to revisiting the characters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do enjoy this series and appreciate that the characters aren't stagnant. I didn't love this one but did enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.