Thursday, October 2, 2014

Review: Whiskey Beach by Nora Roberts


Genre:
Romantic Suspense

Format:
Audio

Publisher:
Brilliance Audio

Release Date:
April 2013






 
Synopsis from Goodreads:

For more than three hundred years, Bluff House has sat above Whiskey Beach, guarding its shore ? and its secrets. To summer tourists, it's the crown jewel of the town's stunning scenery. To the residents of Whiskey Beach, it's landmark and legend. To Eli Landon, it's home. . . . A Boston lawyer, Eli has weathered an intense year of public scrutiny and police investigation after being accused of murdering his soon-to-be ex-wife. And though there was never enough evidence to have him arrested, his reputation is in tatters as well as his soul. He needs sanctuary. He needs Bluff House. While Eli's beloved grandmother is in Boston, recuperating from a nasty fall, Abra Walsh has cared for Bluff House, among her other jobs as yoga instructor, jewelry maker, and massage therapist. She is a woman with an open heart and a wide embrace, and no one is safe from her special, some would say overbearing, brand of nurturing ? including Eli. He begins to count on Abra for far more than her cooking, cleaning, and massage skills, and starts to feel less like a victim ? and more like the kind of man who can finally solve the murder of his wife and clear his name. But Bluff House's many mysteries are a siren song to someone intent on destroying Eli and reaping the rewards. He and Abra will become entangled in a centuries-old net of rumors and half-truths that could pull them under the thunderous waters of Whiskey Beach. . . . Passion and obsession, humor and heart flow together in a novel about two people opening themselves up to the truth ? and to each other.

My Review
I loved Eli and Abra. My two favorite characters. I fell in love with them immediately. What great characters! I’m a huge Nora Roberts fan, but haven’t read her books in a long time. This one reminded me what I love about her books…twists, turns and wonderful, exciting plots and characters. That’s what I found with this book. I listened to the audio version and found it very enjoyable.  





For reading challenges:

2014 I Love Library Books Reading Challenge
2014 Romance Reading Challenge

FTC Disclosure: I borrowed this book from the library.   This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.

5 comments:

  1. This one has been garnering a lot of good reviews. It's still on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this one, too, and haven't read many of her books in a while. I really loved The Witness...and hope to start the trilogy soon (beginning with Dark Witch).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to read Roberts a lot, but haven't in years. Your review makes me want to pick one up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have only read one book by her, but I should try more

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read this one yet though I've had it sitting on my shelf for years. Thanks for reminding me of this one. I'll definitely have to fit it in next time I have a little bit of space.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.