Thursday, November 16, 2023

2024 Netgalley and Edelweiss Reading Challenge - Sign Up

 




I'm happy to announce that I'm back with the Netgalley and Edelweiss Reading Challenge.  I took it over in 2021 from Tina at Reading Between the Pages.  
I'm always feeling like my Netgalley and Edelweiss shelves are getting out of hand and thought this challenge would help me out alot.   Keep reading for all the info...

Welcome to the 
NetGalley and Edelweiss Reading Challenge!

What the challenge is all about…

Are you feeling overwhelmed by the number of NetGalley/Edelweiss books sitting on your shelf to be read?
Have you lost your 80% rating and would love to get it back?
Do you want to challenge yourself to read more NetGalley/Edelweiss books?
Do you need extra inspiration to achieve that next badge?

If the answer is “YES” to any of these questions then this is the challenge for you!

Challenge guidelines… 

  • The challenge runs from January 1, 2024 – December 31, 2024. There is no deadline to sign up.
  • Everyone is welcome to participate – you do not need to have a blog.
  • Any genre, release date, length, etc. counts – it just needs to be a book from NetGalley or Edelweiss.
  • Books can count for more than one challenge that you are participating in.
  • The first day of each month I will post a monthly “link-up” for you to link your reviews. If you forget one month, no worries, just catch up the next month.
  • Questions: Feel free to leave a comment below.

The Levels…

Bronze – 10 Books

Silver – 25 Books

Gold – 50 Books

Platinum – 75 Books

Diamond – 100 Books

To sign-up…

  • Make a blog post stating the level you intend to read in 2024 and link that blog post to Mr. Linky below.  The first Link should be your name, the url should be the direct link to that blog post, not your main blog page.
  • If you do not have a blog then state your reading level in the comments below and how you will be sharing your book reviews.
  • Last but not least, be sure to come back every month and link in those reviews. This is really the hardest part – remember to do the monthly “link-ups”! 


I'm looking forward to another fun year of reading!



*This challenge was created by Emily@Falling for YA, then moved to Katrina@Bookish Things & More (site no longer available), then moved to  Reading Between the Pages and now resides here at Socrates Book Reviews.

I'm signing up for the Silver level at 25 books.  I'll be listing my books here as I read them...

1.   Murder, She Wrote: Fit for Murder by J. Fletcher, T. Moran (Click here for my review)

2.  Ill-Fated Fortune by Jennifer J. Chow (Click here to read my review.)

3.  Never Too Late by Danielle Steel (Click here for my review.)

4.  The New Couple in 5B by Lisa Under (Click here for my review.)

5.  Cats, Carats and Killers by TC LoTempio (Click here for my review.)

6.  Rhythm and Clues by Olivia Blacke (Click here for my review.)

7.  Darling Girls by Sally Hepworth (Click here for my review.)

8.

9.

10.

11.

12.

13.

14.

15.

16.

17.

18.

19.

20.

21.

22.

23.

24.

25.


11 comments:

  1. I do hope you enjoy all your reading challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HAVE to do better on my Netgalley list. I do several challenges but I hope to read 25 Netgalley books. I review them on Netgalley, Amazon, and Bookbub.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a lot of books on my Netgalley shelf and, mainly I post my reviews on IG, Amazon, GR and Bookbub

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in again, this time for 75 Platinum. Diamond kinda didn't work out for this year lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed 2023 by 9 books. I am trying something new to keep track of where I stand. As I failed to check in as well in 2023, I have set up reminders for 2024.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was not good about checking in. I didn't do as well as I had planned, but I am going to try again in 2024, staying with the goal of Silver.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I met my goal for, 2023, but of course I forgot about linking up my reviews. Oh, well! I hope will be better at linking up this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I missed out last year on signing up, so my Netgalley is... out of control. So this year I HAVE to do this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is my first year doing this challenge. Thank yyou for hosting 😊

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am joining this challenge at the silver level. I will link up my reviews via my blog in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm going to stay with Gold-50-again this year. I did fine last year, but have a terrible record of checking in.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.