Monday, November 9, 2020

First Chapter, First Paragraph, Tuesday Intros/Teaser Tuesdays - November 10th



It's Tuesday!  It's time to share your excerpts and teasers from books we are currently reading, have read or are planning to read.  So, feel free to join us by sharing the first paragraph or (a few) of a book you are reading or thinking about reading soon.  This meme is guaranteed to increase your TBR :)



Please link your blog post using Mr. Linky below. Make sure the link you enter is the direct link to your Tuesday post, not the main link to your blog. Thank you!



I, also, participate and link up to Teaser Tuesdays.  Here's info about that meme:

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, now being hosted by Ambrosia at The Purple Booker. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


* Grab your current read

* Open to a random page

* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



I just finished reading this one.  It's the third book in the series.  The excerpts are from the E-ARC.





First Chapter... 

Three men walk into a bar, and the joke's on me.  Because it's my bar, and one of the guys is an annoying ex, one is the embodiment of sex, and the third is like an X on a map - a treasure I may never claim.

Teaser...

It wasn't fall yet.  It was July, and here on Florida's eastern coast, we lived and died by the quality of our air-conditioning.

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Movies, murder and too much vodka …

Pepper Revelle is thrilled the Bohemia Bartenders’ latest gig is in her backyard: a cocktail-themed film festival that draws all the usual suspects to Bohemia Beach. But good suspects are in short supply when a body wearing an antique gold coin necklace washes up on the Florida sand.

Pepper’s colleague and elusive crush Neil fears the worst for his grandfather, a treasure hunter who’s been missing for months. Meanwhile, Pepper’s big-bearded ex-boyfriend, an obnoxious celebrity mixologist with a television crew in tow, is convinced someone’s trying to kill him, too. To Pepper’s dismay, he begs her for protection.

Stir in a couple of flickering Hollywood stars, a pushy TV producer, dashing distillers, a frantic festival chairman, a garnish-eating dog, vats of vodka and a double dose of danger, and Pepper’s patience is poised to pop like popcorn. Can the mixologists shake up a solution to multiple mysteries before they’re skewered like the olive in a martini?

VEXED BY VODKA is the third book in the Bohemia Bartenders Mysteries, funny whodunits with a dash of romance set in a convivial collective of cocktail lovers, eccentrics and mixologists. These cozy culinary comedies contain a hint of heat, a splash of cursing and shots of laughter, served over hand-carved ice.


What do you think? Would you keep reading?








8 comments:

  1. I have been eyeing this book, so it is now definitely on my list. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I haven't taken part in one of these for years, I will maybe nip back later and try and sort a wee post. Last thing I need though is to increase my tbrm :P xxx

    Lainy http://www.alwaysreading.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a fun one.

    BTW - sorry but my link for the week went in twice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a funny, snappy read. I like the narrator's voice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review, but not my kind of book. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.