Friday, November 27, 2020

Cruisin' thru the Cozies Reading Challenge 2021 - Sign Up

 

Welcome to the 11th annual Cruisin' thru the Cozies Reading Challenge! Once again, I'm giving challengers two options - one is to read only sub-genres and the other is to read cozy mysteries of your choice.


To find out exactly what a cozy mystery is, check out Cozy-Mystery.com. This site is dedicated to cozy mysteries and does a great job of defining them as well as giving a list of cozy mysteries. This challenge is NOT restricted to what is on their list, it's just to be used as a guideline in case you need some hints on what to read.

This year's cozy mystery reading challenge has two ways to participate and you can choose whichever suits you the best:

A) Read only cozy mysteries of your choice.

Or

B) Read one book from these sub-genres:

- One from culinary (anything dealing with food: restaurants, baked goods, etc.)
- One from animal related (cats, dogs, birds, etc.)
- One from craft related (any kind of hobbies - knitting, crocheting, scrapbooking, etc.)
- One from paranormal (witches, vampires, etc.)
- One from cozy mysteries based outside the US (example: Belinda Lawrence series (British))
- One career-based cozy mystery (housekeeping, wedding planner, etc.)
- One holiday based (set during any holiday - Christmas, Thanksgiving, Valentines, etc.)
- One travel mystery (character could be on a cruise, touring another area, etc.)
- One historical mystery (any mystery not set in the present)
- One is your choice! (freebie!)

Here are the levels you can join for either A or B…

Level one (Snoop) -
A) Read 10 cozy mysteries of your choice.
B) Read one book in each of the above cozy sub-genres (total of 10 books)

Level two (Investigator) -
A) Read 20 cozy mysteries of your choice.
B) Read all the books in level one plus an additional 10 cozy books of your choice (total of 20)

Level three (Super Sleuth) -
A) Read 30 cozy mysteries of your choice.
B) Read two books from each sub-genre in level one plus an additional 10 cozy books of your choice (total of 30 books)

Level four (Sleuth Extraordinaire) -
A)Read 40 cozy mysteries of your choice.
B)Read two books from each sub-genre in level one plus an additional 20 cozy books of your choice (total of 40 books)

Here are the rules...

1. The challenge runs from January 1, 2021 and ends December 31, 2021.

2. You don't have to choose your books in advance. If you do, you can change your list at any time during the year. Books can overlap with other challenges.

3. Books can be in any format - paper, audio, ebooks...it all counts!

4. You don't have to post a review, but I'm sure others would love to know about the books you are reading and may even want to add it to their reading lists.

NOTE: If you don't have a blog and want to participate, that's fine. You don't have to have a blog, just post in the comments section as you finish books. If you belong to a site like Goodreads and review the books there, that's fine too. Just leave us the link. I also have a group for this challenge on Goodreads and you can sign up here.

5. If you do have a blog, take the button above, put it on your blog and post about the challenge. Then add your name to Mr. Linky below. Please use the link of your challenge post, not the link to your home page.

6. I'm going to have one link for signing up, one link for completed reviews and one link for your wrap up posts. I won't be having a monthly link, just one for all reviews read for this challenge.

I'm going to go for Level 2 (Investigator) and I'm going to go with option A (20 cozy mysteries of my choice). I'll be listing them here...

1.  The Broken Spine by Dorothy St. James (Click here to read my review.)

2. A Pairing to Die For by Kate Lansing (Click here for my review.)

3.  Balls & Bones by Tracey Drew (Click here for my review.)

4. Sugar and Vice by Eve Calder (Click here for my review.)

5.  Death by Dumpling by Vivien Chien (Click here for my review.)

6.  Long Island Iced Tina by Maria DiRico (Click here for my review.)

7. Falling Into Magic by Elizabeth Pantley (Click here for my review.)

8. Dim Sum of All Fears by Vivien Chien (Click here for my review.)

9. Murder Lo Mein by Vivien Chien (Click here for my review.)

10.  Raspberry Ripple Murder by Abby Byne (Click here for my review.)

11.  Murder in the Manor by Fiona Grace (Click here for my review.)

12. The Blind Switch by Lyn Farrell (Click here to read my review.)

13.  Intriguing Escapades by Linda Weaver Clarke (Click here for my review.)

14. Olive Oil and Murder (A Villa in Sicily) by Fiona Grace (Click here for my review.)

15.  Arsenic and Adobo by Mia P. Manansala (Click here for my review.)

16. Peaches and Schemes by Anna Gerard (Click here for my review.)

17. Jeopardy in July by Barbara Venkataraman (Click here for my review.)

18. The Disappearance of Emily by Elizabeth Pantley (Click here for my review.)

19. On Skein of Death by Allie Pleiter (Click here for my review.)

20. Malice in Miami by Barbara Venkataraman (Click here for my review.)

Line #1: Your name (blog if you have one)
Line #2: Link to your sign up post (please post the direct link to your sign up post, not to your blog's homepage).



15 comments:

  1. I've had a great time with this challenge this year, so I'm definitely in for 2021. I'll come back and sign up officially when I've made a legit challenge post.

    Also, I just created a new reading challenge central blog - readyforachallenge.blogspot.com. I've listed this challenge already and am working on posting about the others you host!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite challenge.
    Level 4 .
    Thanks for hosting.
    Carol Smith. penelope223(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting.
    This my favorite challenge.
    Carol Smith penelope223@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    I've signed up, got my list of books and ready to jump in. Thanks for hosting this reading challenge. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to this, I think it's my third or fourth year participating. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in again this year. Thanks for consistently hosting this challenge all year long, with easy-to-find links to post reviews. Avid Series Reader

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for still being here!!! I'm going for level 1 but really just hope I get one read this year

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! This is great! I'm still fairly new to cozies and reading challenges. I think I'm going to go for Investigator. I do have one question. What's a sign-up post? Thank you for hosting this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A sign up post is if you have a blog, you make a post about joining the challenge and post what level you are doing. Then, keep track on that post of what you you read for the challenge. You can use the picture above with a link up back to my blog. Just like this post. Thank you for joining with us!

      Delete
  9. I have added my link to my post and will plan on Level 1 in choice A. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read my first Cozy Mystery last year (2020) and absolutely fell in love with them. So, I'm going to attempt to achieve Level 2 (Investigator) choice B. Thanks for the challenge for more Cozies :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a question for you: it is absolutely necessary a dead person for this genre of book? Should it be about a person (or an object) that is simply lost (and found at the end..) ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most cozy mysteries do have a dead person, but if it's a mystery with no dead bodies and nothing gory, that would be a cozy mystery too.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.