Monday, July 11, 2022

First Chapter, First Paragraph, Tuesday Intros/Teaser Tuesdays - July 12th



It's Tuesday!  It's time to share your excerpts and teasers from books we are currently reading, have read or are planning to read.  So, feel free to join us by sharing the first paragraph or (a few) of a book you are reading or thinking about reading soon.  This meme is guaranteed to increase your TBR :)



Please link your blog post using Mr. Linky below. Make sure the link you enter is the direct link to your Tuesday post, not the main link to your blog. Thank you!



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, now being hosted by Ambrosia at The Purple Booker. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


* Grab your current read

* Open to a random page

* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



I enjoyed the first book in this series.  I just started to read this second one.  The excerpts are from the E-ARC .





First Chapter

The Catacombs

The candle in my hand shook slightly, the flame flickering in the drafty cavern.  In the silence, my heels scraped softly against the stone floor, accentuating the hollowness of this space beneath the castle.

Teaser...

Derek was my employer at Castle Dark, and he had persuaded me to come down early, before we had to perform here for the autumn show, to "familiarize" myself with the space.  In other words, to make sure I didn't have a panic attack once the show began.

Synopsis from Goodreads:

After a man dies during a performance at Castle Dark, Nora Blake learns just how hard it is to catch a killer, especially if every suspect is a trained actor, in this exciting new Dinner and a Murder Mystery.

Autumn has arrived at Castle Dark, and Nora Blake has settled into her role as an actor in Derek Corby's castle murder-mystery troupe. She is troubled, however, by the setting of Derek's fall mystery: the catacombs in the depths of the castle. Yes, these catacombs are part of a set, the skeletons and cobwebs mere props, but Nora feels uneasy in the shadowy passages beneath Castle Dark. When a man is killed during one of their first shows, the eerie catacombs become a place of terror.

Joined by her castle companions, Nora attempts to find the motive for killing a seemingly innocent victim. Some of those answers appear to lie with the local community theater, the members of which Nora has come to know because she has joined Derek's latest town production. As Nora practices her lines at Wood Glen's Blue Curtain Theater, she realizes that everyone around her is an actor, and all of her suspects are perfectly capable of convincing others of their innocence. Nora soon discovers that someone else is in danger and that she may also be in the sights of the killer. With the help of her handsome boyfriend, Detective John Dashiell, Nora will have to go off-script to prevent a murderous encore. . . .

What do you think? Would you keep reading?




7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good one! Great excerpts and a gorgeous cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This definitely sounds like one that I would enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be up for reading a Veronica Bond book like this. Guessing this is a new one as I hadn't seen the title before - sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun read.

    Have a fabulous day, Yvonne. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. This series sounds like it's right up my alley. Thanks for sharing it. Thanks to your post, I've downloaded the first book from my library. I love finding a new to me series that I can easily catch up on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great intro! I hope you enjoy this one as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.