Monday, February 27, 2023

First Chapter, First Paragraph, Tuesday Intros - February 28th



It's Tuesday!  It's time to share your excerpts and teasers from books we are currently reading, have read or are planning to read.  So, feel free to join us by sharing the first paragraph or (a few) of a book you are reading or thinking about reading soon.  This meme is guaranteed to increase your TBR :)



Please link your blog post using Mr. Linky below. Make sure the link you enter is the direct link to your Tuesday post, not the main link to your blog. Thank you!



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, now being hosted by Ambrosia at The Purple Booker. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


* Grab your current read

* Open to a random page

* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



I hope to read this one soon. The excerpts are from the E-ARC.





First Chapter

There's something you should know about me before we get into this.  I grew up on a steady diet of romantic ideals - both of the Prince Charming and "you can achieve anything" variety.

Teaser...

It started with Disney, which not only gave me false expectations about how amazing my hair should look when wet (thanks, Ariel) but of how my "true love" would stumble across me when I least expected it. 

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Emily George launches a groundbreaking, irresistible new series unlike anything else out there, as twenty-eight-year-old California pastry chef Chloe Barnes takes her career higher, opening a cannabis café where she can use her Michelin-star skills to transform dry, bland pot brownies into gourmet treats. With a unique and culturally relevant hook, authentic fresh voice, and the classic tropes of the genre that all cozy fans love, everyone’s buzzing about the Cannabis Café Mysteries!

Formally trained pastry chef Chloe Barnes is opening a cannabis bakery. That’s not at all what the twenty-eight-year-old envisioned while living the dream in Paris with a hot fiancé and a Michelin star restaurant gig around the corner. But the rising “it girl” of choux puffs rethinks everything after a scathing food review and humiliating breakup make her long for home in sunny California. When her beloved grandmother falls ill, Chloe returns to quaint Azalea Bay to start over in the most satisfying way possible—concocting delicious edibles with her quirky Aunt Dawn.

Combining French luxury and THC, Baked by Chloe will take pot brownies to another level. That is, until a creepy past acquaintance rehashes old drama and shockingly turns up dead—landing Aunt Dawn as the number one murder suspect. Now, alongside her closest confidants, a stunned Chloe must alternate between budding entrepreneur and amateur sleuth to clear her aunt’s name, open the best bakery in town, and weed out the real culprit from a list of unsettling suspects!


What do you think? Would you keep reading?




2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a fun read! I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The teaser really made me laugh. My hair also does not look fabulous when wet and definitely not like Ariel's!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.