Friday, February 3, 2023

Book Beginnings on Fridays/The Friday 56 - February 3rd




This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.





I'm also joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader


I'm hoping to read this one soon.




First Chapter

Lucas Avila discovered his birth certificate in his grandmother's underwear drawer.  A newly minted Dallas attorney, he'd come home to Trinity Springs at his aunt's behest to ready the house for sale.

From 56% on my e-reader...

"Yep.  Things have sure changed since my heyday.  I always say, 'People should spend less time on the wedding and more time on the marriage.' But then I'm an old bachelor so what do I know?" he said with a twinkle in his eye.


Synopsis from Amazon:

Abandoned by his mother on his third birthday, Lucas Avila now leads a fulfilling life as a Dallas attorney, but the death of his grandmother brings him back to his hometown of Trinity Springs. A yellowed document, found among his grandmother's possessions, takes him on an unforeseen journey of discovery and growth.

Music teacher Maria Vargas recently moved back into her own childhood home in Trinity Springs, across the street from the Avilas, where she and Lucas had played together until her family moved away when they were both seven. She never forgot her neighborhood friend, though, and when she sees him after twenty years, she's once again smitten.

Everett Bennington, veteran of the Gulf War and son of a wealthy Dallas businessman, has chosen to live on the streets for almost twenty-five years. When he meets Lucas and Maria, he faces a decision that could alter his life in a most unexpected way.




What do you think?  What are you sharing today?



10 comments:

  1. Interesting beginning. I agree with the sentiment of the 56, but then again, I'm another old bachelor, so I'm not the best to be giving marriage advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'People should spend less time on the wedding and more time on the marriage.' Now that's a wise fellow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the cover and the book caught my interest. I hope you enjoy it when you get to it. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's too though, people should spend less on the wedding and more on the marriage. Great euphemism. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. True, sorry.
    I have a tendency of proofreading after I hit publish. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like this has great potential. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting beginning and I love family mysteries so I'd definitely be hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I completely agree with that advice in your second excerpt! This sounds like a heartwarming book. Thank you for sharing! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.