Saturday, July 1, 2023

Review: Te-Kill-Ya Sunrise by Pattie Larsen

 



About the Book

 

Genre
Cozy Mystery
 
Format
E-Book
 
Publisher
Mayhem and Murder Ink
 
Release Date
February 20, 2022

 

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Tequila is a terrible way to go…

The young woman who’d ordered the double shot margarita took it with wide eyes and a thumbs up as she sampled it through the straw, walking back toward her table in the sand on wobbling platform sandals unsuited to the footing. I grinned and moved on to my next order while Pika expertly cracked two bottles of icy beer and slid them across the polished wooden bar toward the waiting men, one of whom watched my last customer on her meandering and hip wiggling path back to her giggling girlfriends.

How I loved Thursday nights on Canary Key. Are you kidding? How I loved every minute.

Becks Hogan’s dream of owning a beach bar wasn’t meant to have a murderous side effect. But when one of her patrons is found dead after a night of drama with her friends and ex-husband in the mix, Becks can’t help but poke her retired forensics tech nose into Police Chief Allie Crown’s murder investigation. Will she help or hinder her friend’s chances of finding the killer before she becomes a victim of her own curiosity? Find out in book one of the Canary Key Cozy Mysteries!

My Review 

Becks Hogan is living her best life owning a beach bar on Canary Key. Then, a group of women come into her bar ready to party and turn everything upside down.

When one of the group’s members ends up dead in Becks’ bar, there is no choice but to investigate this horrible crime.  Otherwise, her bar could be closed down for a long time.  It especially becomes important when a friend of hers is accused of the murder.  

There are so many potential suspects, plus many red herrings.  I can honestly say I didn’t see the real killer coming.  I was totally taken off guard and that made the story even more fun.  

The storyline is fast-pace and one huge jigsaw puzzle to solve.  I kept putting all the pieces in the wrong places.  

This is an exciting mystery that will keep you on your toes until the very end. 


 

For reading challenges:

Craving for the Cozies  Reading Challenge 2023
Cloak & Dagger Reading Challenge 2023


Disclosure;  I borrowed this one from the Kobo Plus library .  I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.

 

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.