Monday, March 30, 2009

Devlin and the Deep Blue Sea by Merline Lovelace



Silhouette Desire #1726, May 2006

Genre: Romance

Liz Moore is stunned when she received a “Dear Jane” e-mail from her fiancĂ©. He, also, left her with an empty bank account. Alone on a deserted Mexican beach, she vows to kiss the next man she meets. Fortunately for her, Joe Devlin is on the scene and more than happy to oblige her. When gunshots go off, Liz finds herself alone once again, but this time with a dead body.

Undercover OMEGA agent Joe Devlin didn’t expect to be involved in a murder mystery, but he was involved. Although he left Liz holding the bags, he didn’t plan to leave her for long. Unbeknownst to her, she walked right into a mobster execution and it was up to him and his team to protect her.

It doesn’t take long for Joe and Liz’s attraction to grow for each other. The problem is, they both have secrets that could destroy any chance of a romance.

This was a sweet romance. Merline Lovelace rarely disappoints. “Devlin and the Deep Blue Sea” is a fast-paced read with a likeable cast of characters. It’s part of her Code Name: Danger series. I didn’t read the books that came before, but it didn’t seem to matter. I was still able to enjoy the book and look forward to reading more of them.

For reading challenges: Harlequin/Romance Reading Challenge

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Yvonne -

    You sweetie! Thanks for the kind words about Devlin and the Deep Blue Sea. So glad you enjoyed it -- as you could probably tell, I had fun writing it.

    Hope you have a great April....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.