Monday, March 30, 2009

Through the Grinder by Cleo Coyle




Genre: Cozy Mystery

Clare Cosi once again finds herself in the middle of a murder mystery. This time several of her single female customers are committing suicide, but it doesn’t take long for the police to suspect that something more sinister is going on. Detective Quinn is not one who believes in coincidences.

When Clare’s young daughter, Joy, decides to sign up for an online dating service, Clare signs up as well. She’s doing it for one reason and one reason only, she wants to screen the men Joy dates. She never expected to fall for one of the men herself, but Bruce Bowman was everything she wanted in a man. Clare is not prepared to hear that that Bruce has a connection to all the women who recently died. Quinn is convinced Clare is in danger, but Clare is out to prove Bruce’s innocence. She’ll stop at nothing until she proves that her first instincts about Bruce were correct.

This is the second book in Cleo Coyle’s Coffehouse Mystery series and I loved this book. I enjoyed the first one, but this one is even better as I grew to love the characters more and more. They are quickly becoming friends that I want to keep checking in on. This was a fast-paced story with a few twists and turns along the way. It kept me guessing until the very end.


For reading challenges: Read Your Own Book, Suspense and Thriller Reading Challenge, Amateur Sleuth Reading Challenge

3 comments:

  1. This looks great! Thanks for the review. I'll definitely be looking this one up. I love cozys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you can do it! You only need to read six and 4 of them can be crossovers. I'll be expecting to see your name on the list, Tootsie. Go on over and sign up by tomorrow night at the latest. You don't even have to make a list. I just did for my own sake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog via the suspense and thriller reading challenge (which I finished last week). This sounds like a great book.
    Where can I find the amateur sleuth reading challenge, because that sounds like a perfect challenge for me?

    Cheers from Denmark.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.