Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Dirty Deeds by Suzanne Price



Genre: Cozy Mystery

It’s Christmastime in Pigeon Cove and Sky Taylor has her hands filled with cleaning jobs at several different holiday parties. After the Art Association’s annual holiday celebration, Sky finds more than just dirty dishes that need to be cleared away. Kyle Fipps, a local real estate developer, is found dead. It’s not the first time Sky has discovered a dead body, but she sure didn’t want this to become a habit.

Sky tries to stay out of the investigation, but instead finds herself right in the middle of it. She gets a lucrative cleaning job at City Hall and immediately finds herself in danger at every corner. It doesn’t help when the former lover of one of the suspects moves in to stay with Sky for a few days. To top it all off, Sky’s mother is in town for a visit which tends to complicate things further, especially when it comes to Sky’s boyfriend, Mike.

This story has it all – mystery, suspense and a romantic triangle tossed into the mix. Sky has her work cut out for her, trying to solve the mystery of both the murder and her own heart.

Pigeon Cove is a town filled with wacky personalities and an intriguing plot to keep readers on their toes. There are also a few cleaning tips tossed in that readers will find quite useful. This is a fast-paced story that can be enjoyed in a short period of time. There’s already a third book in the series, which I will get to eventually.

I’m always happy to discover “new” or “new-to-me” cozy mystery series. I love the small town feel they all have to them and re-visiting these characters always makes me feel as if I’m meeting up with old friends. This series is no different.

For reading challenges: Amateur Sleuth Challenge, TBR Challenge Lite, The Themed Reading Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.