Friday, January 7, 2011

Bloated Goat by Manley Peterson




Genre: Children
Publisher: Manley Peterson
Release Date: September 2010
Format: EBook

When Granny Hammy discovers Bloated Goat has died, her grandson Cocky Doodle is devastated. Bloated Goat was his best friend. He insists they give him the proper send off. So Granny and Cocky set off on an adventure their friend would have appreciated.

Along the way they run into all kinds of zany characters from a skunk who is anxious to get married to mobsters and some very hungry animals willing to fulfill their hunger by eating each other. I don’t want to give anything away, but suffice it to say, there are many crazy side stories and secondary characters to keep both children and adults interested.

I never review children’s books and haven’t read any since…well, since I was a child… but this was cute. It even makes adults smile. Anything that gives you laughs for a few hours can’t be a bad thing. Manley Peterson’s sense of humor flows through this book in an entertaining and sometimes even a silly way. If you’re a fan of the Shrek movies, I think you’ll enjoy this book. It’s written in the same vein as the movies.






For reading challenge:

ARC Reading challenge
EBook Reading Challenge
A to Z Reading Challenge
What an animal reading challenge

2 comments:

  1. When I worked at the library last summer I read some children's books, they were still cute and made me smile too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy reading children's books every so often. They are a lot of fun. This looks and sounds like a charming book.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.