Friday, January 7, 2011

Club Dead by Charlaine Harris




Genre: Paranormal
Publisher: Ace Books
Release Date: April, 2003
Format: Audio Book

Sookie Stackhouse notices that her boyfriend, vampire Bill Comopton, is a bit distant lately. He’s not paying any attention to her and his mind seems elsewhere. When Bill tells her that he has to leave town on an assignment for the Queen of Vampires, Sookie wonders what’s behind all this secrecy. Having no other choice, she lets him leave but she fears there is more to the story than meets the eye and their relationship could very well be at an end.

Eric Northman, head of the vampires in that territory, is quick to let Sookie know that Bill has been kidnapped and he hadn’t been honest for his reasons in leaving town in the first place. While Sookie agrees to help save Bill, she’s furious with him and it doesn’t get any better when she learns that Bill’s ex-girlfriend is behind his sudden departure.

Sookie and Eric head to Club Dead in Mississippi in search of Bill. They meet up with all sorts of creatures along the way from werewolves to shape shifters. Sookie can’t believe the adventures she finds herself in since teaming up with the local vampires.

I listened to the audio version of this on my way to and from work. It was fun listening to it and it reminds me quite a bit of the television show. The show doesn’t completely follow the books, but each version tells a fun story. Both the show and the CD keep me entertained. Unfortunately, this doesn’t count towards my reading challenges since I started listening prior to January 1st, but that’s okay. I have plenty more to go through :)

1 comment:

  1. I still haven't read any of the Sookie Stackhouse novels and am so late to the game! They are on my list and I will read them one day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.