Saturday, February 19, 2011

Stir Until Thoroughly Confused by Heather Wardell


Genre: Romance
Publisher: Smashwords
Release Date: December 2010
Format: EBook

Talk about being down on your luck – Mary is going through a difficult divorce and has no job. The one thing Mary always wanted to do was be a chef, but she was looking for the perfect opportunity. She’s sure she found it when the owner of a popular restaurant is opening a new one and is searching for the right person to be their chef. After the job interview is over, Mary is sure she’s going to get the job. Disappointment fills her when the owner, Kegan Underwood, informs her that his plans have changed and he won’t be opening the restaurant after all. He advises her to come back in three months when his plans might change.

Mary doesn’t accept this decision and proceeds to camp out in front of Kegan’s restaurant, determined to win him over and get him to change his mind. She succeeds, but when outside forces get in the way, she wonders just what she’s gotten herself into. Not to mention that sparks fly all over the place between Kegan and Mary. Can a romance with her controlling boss really work? When Mary is faced with the choice between the man she loves or the career she loves, she’s completely torn.

The chemistry between Mary and Kegan sizzles, add a dash of mystery to the recipe and you have a fun story with an excellent cast of characters. Even the secondary ones make their presence known. Several characters from Heather’s previous book “Go Small or Go Home” make an appearance in this book. It is not necessary to read them both (although you will want to – they are both wonderful stories). Each book stands alone, but it’s fun to see returning characters and find out how they are doing after their story ended.

I really enjoy Heather’s writing style. Go Small or Go Home was the first book of hers that I read and I loved it, this one is no different. I’ve already added some of her other books to my Nook. She’s a wonderful storyteller. Check out the interview I did with Heather back in January.



For reading challenges…

ARC Reading Challenge
EBook Reading Challenge
Contemporary Romance Reading Challenge
Romance Reading Challenge

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.