Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I Remember Nothing: and Other Reflections by Nora Ephron



Genre:
Non-Fiction

Publisher:
Random House Audio

Format:
Audio

Release Date:
November, 2010

Synopsis from Fantastic Fiction...

Nora Ephron returns with her first book since the astounding success of I Feel Bad About My Neck, taking a cold, hard, hilarious look at the past, the present, and the future, bemoaning the vicissitudes of modern life, and recalling with her signature clarity and wisdom everything she hasn't (yet) forgotten.

Even as she's listing 'What I Won't Miss' and 'What I Will Miss' - making the final tally - Ephron reaches back to recount falling hard for a way of life ('Journalism: A Love Story' ) and breaking up even harder with the men in her life ('The D Word' ), a long- anticipated inheritance with entirely unanticipated results ('My Life as an Heiress' ), and the evolution, a decade after she wrote and directed You've Got Mail, of her relationship with her in-box ('The Six Stages of E- mail' ). All the while, she gives candid, charming voice to everything women who have reached a certain age have been thinking . . . but have rarely acknowledged.

Filled with insights and observations that instantly ring true - and could have come only from Nora Ephron - I Remember Nothing is a pure delight.

My thoughts...

Another fun book to listen to. I'm glad I listened to both her books on CDs. It's especially fun since the author narrates the books herself. I can easily identify with so many of her situations, even though she's older than me :) Overall, these are fun books to list to.



For reading challenge:

Audio Reading Challenge

2 comments:

  1. This sounds good, and cool that the author narrates the book herself. I love the film You've Got Mail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that she narrates well, there is nothing worse then a bad one

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.