Thursday, December 27, 2012
Romance Reading Challenge 2013
I've been waiting for this challenge to be announced. Naida at The Bookworm hosts this and I've been joining for the last few years. It's fun and one of the few challenges I actually complete. These days I read mostly mysteries, but romances are kind of like going back to my roots in reading :) So many wonderful romance authors out there and I can't wait to start this challenge.
Here are the details...
1. The challenge runs from January 1st, 2013 through December 31st, 2013.
2. "Romance" isn't limited to steamy Harlequin novels. There is a huge selection of books in this category such as contemporary romance, historical romance, romantic suspense and paranormal romance to name a few. As long as the story has romantic love between the two main characters your selection will fit this challenge. The novels do not need to have a happy ending either, there can also be unrequited love.
3. Choose at least 5 novels to read. You can change your choices at any time. Crossovers between other challenges are fine.
All kinds of books count, ebooks and audiobooks too.
If you are looking for suggested reading see Best Romance Novels Today or Romance Novels on Wiki or check out Amazon and Barnes and Noble.
4. Read your book selections at your own pace in 2012 then post the link to your review(s). You don't need to have a blog, posting your reviews on Goodreads and LibraryThing counts as well. If you do have a blog and are joining us, please consider linking back to this post either with text or with one of the buttons provided below to help spread the word.
I will list my books here, but I'm not sure yet what I will be reading...
1. One Snowy Night Before Christmas by Pamela Fryer (Click here to read my review.)
2. Dangerous Relations by Marilyn Levinson (Click here to read my review.)
3. Dead Running/Dying to Run by Cami Checketts (Click here to read my review.)
4. Million Dollar Mistake by Meg Lacey (Click here to read my review.)
5. Secret Desire by Susan D. Taylor (Click here to read my review.)
If you'd like to sign up, go the The Bookworm by clicking here.